Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apps to scan for mobile networks & show strength / 3G?

• 16-01-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for an app to scan for and show which mobile networks are available (like the phone does when you go to manual network selection).

But I'm looking for information about the strength of the signal of each network, and most importantly, whether each of them is 3G or not.

I'd like to use this to choose which mobile broadband USB stick I should get.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I have a desire, you can check in Menu > Settings > About Phone > Signal Strength for your own network and it will tell you if 2g or 3g too.

Doubt you will be able to check other networks without one of their sim cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

search the market for "Antennas" by mpoly only works when on 2g and with your own network, so you would need at least pre pay sim for each network to test them all to see which is best.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'd Like an app to do this too.
    was in london last week and my phone kept dropping off the data network.
    Would have been really handy to have an app to display Network info

Advertisement