Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB

• 16-01-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi

I am thing of switching to Eirom Broadband NGB basic. It sounds like a good deal, for €42 per month for first 6 months and then €46. Currently I am paying €56 per month with Vodafone. On the speedtest I am getting 5MB download and 0.25mb upload speeds. The Eircom NGB basic is 8MB download uncongested, does anyone have any experience with this service. What kind of performance does it give. I am in Dublin 15.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

cracker wrote: »
    Hi

I am thing of switching to Eirom Broadband NGB basic. It sounds like a good deal, for €42 per month for first 6 months and then €46. Currently I am paying €56 per month with Vodafone. On the speedtest I am getting 5MB download and 0.25mb upload speeds. The Eircom NGB basic is 8MB download uncongested, does anyone have any experience with this service. What kind of performance does it give. I am in Dublin 15.

You're making the assumption that your line will support 8 megs. If you provide current line stats we can give a more informed opinion about that aspect at least.

And that's terrible value, unless there's something else thrown in with it. UPC's 30 megs is €42 a month (plus €7.75 network fee if taken without other services).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

cracker wrote: »
    Hi

I am thing of switching to Eirom Broadband NGB basic.

Don't forget even though it is marketed as unlimited it is nothing of the sort.
    The limit is actually 10Gb if you go over 10GB, each extra 1GB will cost an extra €2.

Also the speed you get depends on the length of your line so you may not get 8Mb at all just what your line will support "up to" 6Mbs. If you post your line stats we can have an idea of what your line will support.

Advertisement