Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonar 2011

Options
  • 16-01-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Right I'm heading to Barcelona with a few friends and we'll be there during the Sonar festival

I've heard its brilliant but has anyone been there and knows how it works? like what the best ticket to get and whats the whoel setup of it?

Is it just in a few venus across the city or would it be in a lot of smaller venues?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Day part takes part in the CCCB. which is just off Las Ramblas . Night part takes part at an aircraft hanger like venue which is fair bit out of the city centre (they run a shuttle bus to the venue from the end of Las Ramblas). There is also an opening night concert on the 1st night which this year is Steve Reich.

You can buy an individual ticket to any of the days/nights, or buy a ticket for all nights only and finally you can buy a ticket for all three days and two nights (the opening night is not included). Which ticket to get depends on what you want to do really.

I went a couple of times a few years ago and it's a good festival. Worth going to at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah cool thanks, think were going to get the full ticket, just so we can do whatever ya know

thanks though, had no idea how it went on

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Last year was my first time at it. Had a blast. Got 2 night tickets - unsure if we were doing the right thing, but it was the correct decision. Made it to venue both nights for 8/9 pm...goes on until 6 am approx Id say. Plenty of buses running back into town after the event. Got taxi out there both nights, 20 euro Im sure. One guy said 40 so beware.

If you like to drink, best to buy lots of tickets for shorts/beer instead of going back & forth queing all the time. Watch your change, bar staff short changed me twice. Didnt see any of Sonar in town as we were chilling at the beach.

Cops were very "relaxed" at the event, no trouble whatsoever. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tony hawk

What kind of ticket is it? like is it a wristband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Back when I went the day ticket was exchanged for a wristband, but each day had a different colour wristband. The night ticket were perforated on the way in. It may have changed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Tony hawk

Nice one, thanks man.:cool:

Advertisement