Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is good for Sunday lunch in Co. Clare?

• 16-01-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

Where in Co. Clare is good for Sunday lunch? It can be anywhere in the county. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Depends, what area are you in looking for lunch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Op I never read "any area" abit tired today, Kellys in kilrush has a great menu with some delicious food there, Charlie Stewarts does a nice lunch in Ennis also and the Shamrock in Lahinch does great food aswell :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Depends, what area are you in looking for lunch :D
    I have some friends visiting in a few weeks time and I want to take them somewhere nice for Sunday lunch. It can be anyway in Co. Clare.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Are you looking for a cavery or a "served" lunch?

I was recently in Corofin on a Sunday and had lunch in The Corofin Arms, it was lovely, 1 of the best lunches I've had out in a long time, I wouldn't be a huge fan of cavery so it was nice to be served

Thanks very much for your recommendation Clareman. Not a fan of carvery either as food is often sitting there for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭banner gal

jp clarks in bunratty is lovely but always busy or bunratty manor my 2 favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The Abbey Tavern in Quin? Do a lovely Sunday lunch menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Old ground hotel Ennis - has great food everyday - IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

the woodcross in cratloe used to do a great pizza but it was many years ago when I had it there. Do they still do them? I was with an Italian at the time and even he was impressed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

+1 for the Abbey Tavern in Quin

No Connection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wireyj

The bell pepper in scariff (served)
    The grove in ennis (carvery)
    Brogans Pub and restaurant in ennis (served)
    G Cafe ennis (served)
    Flanagans Killaloe/Ballina (great steaks)
    JP Clarks bunratty

So many places... Hard to choose just one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

As pub lunches go in Ennis I'd say the Old Ground has the best by some margin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Atlantic in Lahinch is nice and cosy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

And here was I thinking there was a recession:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

slayer91 wrote: »
    +1 for the Abbey Tavern in Quin

No Connection

Great place for lunch, excellent choice on menu, great portions, and not too expensive, nothing bad to say about the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The Knights in Shannon does a great Sunday lunch. Especially since it was renovated last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ok it's in Tipp but just across the Shannon

Goosers in Ballina

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Where in Co. Clare is good for Sunday lunch? It can be anywhere in the county. Cheers!
    Thanks guys for all the great recommendations. Has anyone eaten in Linnane's in Newquay recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

vaughans in liscannor, kinda pricey though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Vaughan's is fantastic, hate to admit I forgot about it, didn't it win a Michelin award for pub grub a few years back?

The Old Ground is fantastic, their vol au vent is 1 of the best hangover cures known to man, I don't think they serve pub grub on a Sunday though, I think you have to go into the restaurant or dining room.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I haven't much to compare to, but the creamery in bunratty does some nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for all the great recommendations. Has anyone eaten in Linnane's in Newquay recently?

Yes, it's a good spot, and quite unique and very scenic if your bringing visitors out for lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I love the Sherwood and The Grove in Ennis :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Linnane's is indeed in a great spot. Generally nice food , though, maybe we were unlucky but we didn't find them as good the last couple of times (2010).
    Enjoy your lunch :)
    V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I have to second Claremans reccommendation of the vol au vents in the Old Ground. Every relation that has ever visited, I have brought them in for the vol au vent!!!

Second to none!

maiden wrote: »
    I have to second Claremans reccommendation of the vol au vents in the Old Ground. Every relation that has ever visited, I have brought them in for the vol au vent!!!

Second to none!
    Many thanks Maiden - my parents were in the OG yesterday and they were raving about their meal.

I have had their vol au vents myself and there are pretty tasty alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

One of the best places is the Diamond Rocks Cafe in Kilkee. Their cakes & pastries & coffee are to die for PLUS you get one of the best views from big windows for miles aound!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

The diamond rocks is nice but it is a self service café with a pretty restricted menu. All very well for a snack when out at the rocks but I would not be travelling a long distance in mid winter just for the lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Melion wrote: »
    The Knights in Shannon does a great Sunday lunch. Especially since it was renovated last year.

Strangely I've found the food since the renovation is not as good as it was before. The quality of the meat and veg isn't as good and the fried breakfast is not what it used to be (deep fried sausages, need I say more?)

They have done a great job with the place though.

The food in the Oakwood Arms Hotel in Shannon is lovely though, both the carvery and a la carte, good value too.

The Creamery in Bunratty is excellent too, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Old Ground is always a safe bet for good food, I quite like Bofey Quinn's in Corofin though,nice and casual, sit down the back at the fire enjoying a pint while you're waiting on your meal to be cooked....hmmm getting hungry just reading all the reviews:D

Advertisement