Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is good for Sunday lunch in Co. Clare?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

OP let us fellow Banner men/women know where you decided to go and how it was :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Well "Tubs and Tiles" here is the shortlist and it is in no particular order (as they would say on "X Factor", "Strictly" and "Dancing on Ice" etc......)

"Goosers" (Ballina/Killaloe - Yes, I know that this is Tipp)
    "Linnanes", Newquay
    "Morans on the Weir" (Again, I know Kilcolgan is not in Clare)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Well "Tubs and Tiles" here is the shortlist and it is in no particular order (as they would say on "X Factor", "Strictly" and "Dancing on Ice" etc......)

"Linnanes", Newquay
    No bother :D, a review of where ever you pick would be great .

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sparticus78

MrsD007 wrote: »

"Linnanes", Newquay

I think the 2nd is a bit over rated - o.k but have sent a few that way and werent overly impressed but I like it on a summers day for a nice cool drink!
    Morans is good but can be expensive.
    Goosers not bad, lovely location but if you are out that direction head for Garykennedy as there is a sweet pub there called Larkins, a pure gem and a nice kids play ground if required!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Try the Clare Inn. Its close to shannon and their boiled eggs are to die for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Boiled eggs? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

dh0661 wrote: »
    Boiled eggs? :confused:

Too good for a simple boiled egg lunch?

Sweet Jaysus, that is a new one on me. Boiled eggs as a lunch special..... priceless :D:D:D

I think the 2nd is a bit over rated - o.k but have sent a few that way and werent overly impressed but I like it on a summers day for a nice cool drink!
    Morans is good but can be expensive.
    Goosers not bad, lovely location but if you are out that direction head for Garykennedy as there is a sweet pub there called Larkins, a pure gem and a nice kids play ground if required!
    I have been to Larkins a few times, it is a lovely down to earth spot with a great atmosphere. The food while it is nice is not as good as Goosers IMO but to be fair it is not as expensive as Goosers either. Morans on a fine summers day is a bit of heaven. A nice lobster and a bottle of champagne. What more could you ask for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Bell Pepper, Scarriff.

Delicious food, good choice on menu and most important for me good music (no radio).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I'll vote for the Woodcross in Cratloe.

Advertisement