Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nape piercing

Options
  • 16-01-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, I'm looking at getting my nape (back of neck) pierced - I'm based in Dublin so will prob go to one of the parlours in the city centre. I havn't had piercing done for a long time so wanted some recommendations from the board. I have read through previous posts, but most are a few years old. Will probably get three done, one below the other; having read up on it a little it seems curved bars are best? I know that there is no such thing as a 'best piercer', it's all subjective; but if anyone has had their nape done in Dublin and could recommend someone it would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Snakebite in Dublin prolly the best to go to, yer guy there fixed up one of mine that was rejecting (got it done somewhere else) and it lasted for a good bit after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

It shouldn't be done with a curved bar. A proper surface bar is shaped like a staple, anything else will most likely reject due to the pressure on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slave_screams

emo!! wrote: »
    Snakebite in Dublin prolly the best to go to, yer guy there fixed up one of mine that was rejecting (got it done somewhere else) and it lasted for a good bit after it.

Cool, thanks will check them out

It shouldn't be done with a curved bar. A proper surface bar is shaped like a staple, anything else will most likely reject due to the pressure on it.

Good to know, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Hi, I'm looking at getting my nape (back of neck) pierced - I'm based in Dublin so will prob go to one of the parlours in the city centre. I havn't had piercing done for a long time so wanted some recommendations from the board. I have read through previous posts, but most are a few years old. Will probably get three done, one below the other; having read up on it a little it seems curved bars are best? I know that there is no such thing as a 'best piercer', it's all subjective; but if anyone has had their nape done in Dublin and could recommend someone it would be much appreciated

Do not go to a piercer that uses curved bars, they are not the proper type of bar to use and will more than likely reject. I have had mine for four years now, with no problems. The proper shape of the bar should be like a staple. I can't give you a recommendation of who to go to for this, because I had mine done in the States, but be advised that the curved bar is not the way to go.

• Advertisement

Do not go to a piercer that uses curved bars, they are not the proper type of bar to use and will more than likely reject. I have had mine for four years now, with no problems. The proper shape of the bar should be like a staple. I can't give you a recommendation of who to go to for this, because I had mine done in the States, but be advised that the curved bar is not the way to go.

Thanks for that, will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Is it an irritating spot at first to get used to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

nah you totally forget about it until someone slaps or grabs your neck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Not irritating at all, in fact I usually completely forget its there, doesn't give me bother to sleep on it or anything. Also compared to the likes of a rook or tragus piercing I found there to be pretty much no pain at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

I had mine done last year by Rob in Snakebite on Abbey St. Can't recommend him enough. (I've also had a few done by Steve in there too, lovely guy who really knows his stuff). Their aftercare is great; I went back about once a month for 9 months after so they could see how it was healing & tell me if I needed to clean / soak it more or less often (no extra charge for this "check-up service").

I got my nape done with a bar shaped a bit like a staple, and it was bent slightly (so it looked like a fairly flat W) so it goes along the curve of your neck. It was comfortable really quickly, just need to be careful with scarves etc for a bit. You get used to being a little more careful dragging scarves around your neck really quickly. Now I just have one scarf with long stringy bits that catches occasionally. Other than that, no hassle & I love it!

Steve changed the balls on it for me last weekend & was so gentle you wouldn't even realise he was touching your neck. His girlfriend is a lucky woman ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement