Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA (Hons) Childhood & Youth Studies - Query

Options
  • 16-01-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all, I have already done a level one 60 credit course with the Open University - and, by the way, found the whole thing just great - excellent course materials, online support, really good tutor, monthly saturday classes in Dublin getting to meet the other students etc and making new friends :) I would recommend OU to anyone considering it.

Anyway, I spotted BA (hons) Childhood & Youth Studies which is something I like the looks of (My 60 credits can count towards it too). My questions are (a) has anyone done this course and (b) basically what jobs does it qualify you for in Ireland i.e. could I do the dip. in education post-grad to become a primary school teacher in Ireland? or what other jobs? Thanks for advice given :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

hellodolly wrote: »
    Hi all, I have already done a level one 60 credit course with the Open University - and, by the way, found the whole thing just great - excellent course materials, online support, really good tutor, monthly saturday classes in Dublin getting to meet the other students etc and making new friends :) I would recommend OU to anyone considering it.

Anyway, I spotted BA (hons) Childhood & Youth Studies which is something I like the looks of (My 60 credits can count towards it too). My questions are (a) has anyone done this course and (b) basically what jobs does it qualify you for in Ireland i.e. could I do the dip. in education post-grad to become a primary school teacher in Ireland? or what other jobs? Thanks for advice given :)

I am not so sure of the job prospects cause it's not my area, but those OU credits are transferrable. You can qualify for teaching with any primary degree provided you finish the Hdip or whatever, so you aren't ruled out for primary school teaching and other jobs to do with children. Basically, you aren't limited to any specific area provided you progress with your study that is related to the course you completed. For example, if I have a degree in general science but want to be a primary teacher, the Hdip determines my suitability. Good luck in your future studies.

Advertisement