Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-entering australia

Options
  • 16-01-2011 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

hey lads.just a wee question.i was in australia in 2009 for 9 mths.i done very little work and most of my time was travelling.i had obtained a 1 year working holiday visa.since i done little work i could not apply for my 2nd year extension.but am gettin my thoughts to go back and try workin there as i feel like i havent took all of australia in as i would of like.my only problem is gettin back in

i have mates over there and am pretty confident i have work over there before i go.

wats the craic with a skilled visa?????????

im 29 and am a qualified plumber
    MOD - <SNIP> ANY MORE ILLEGAL VISA TALK AND I WILL BAN YOU

can any1 help me on here or pm

thanx brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

People do put down the ABN for some farmers and get away with it, others get caught. You won't be able to go over working on a second visa unless it's a skilled one I imagine, and I'm not sure how easy they are to get. Possibly have to be sponsored?

You'll probably find all your answers at http://www.immi.gov.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

If you look at specified work work page on immi.gov.au it now has a note at the bottom of the page.
    Note: Providing a completed Form 1263 and additional forms of evidence will allow your application to be assessed more quickly. Please ensure that all information provided is correct. Contacting third parties to verify the claims of applicants for second Working Holiday visas will now be a standard component of second Working Holiday visa application assessments.

There was something like 17 Irish people deported in the space of a few weeks this time last year for supplying duff farmer ABN & details

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2010/01/13/irish-nationals-deported-in-whv-clampdown/1465

and this guy ended up on TV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lak6dy8ngw&feature=player_embedded

I would advise to go the skilled visa route and play it safe otherwise you will be wasting your time, money and copping a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

you don't qualify for a 2nd WHV, not even close

you probably qualify for a skilled visa

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

ya i hope so.theres so many visas now to enter its great.i shud think aswell that they will be issueing more visas with 5 of there 7 states coming under heavy flooding
    Mellor wrote: »
    you don't qualify for a 2nd WHV, not even close

you probably qualify for a skilled visa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

ya i hope so.theres so many visas now to enter its great.i shud think aswell that they will be issueing more visas with 5 of there 7 states coming under heavy flooding
    Floods do not mean more visas

• Advertisement

5 out of 7 ?????

i shud think aswell that they will be issueing more visas with 5 of there 7 states coming under heavy flooding

5 out of the 7 states?

mate this is the Australia forum you must be thinking of somewhere else Australia only has 6 states, and really only 2 have be affected by floods.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

sorry if i made a mistake
    mandrake04 wrote: »
    5 out of the 7 states?

mate this is the Australia forum you must be thinking of somewhere else Australia only has 6 states, and really only 2 have be affected by floods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Well Smartypants
    there are 8

6 States
    TAS
    VIC
    NSW
    QLD
    SA
    WA

and

2 Territories
    NT
    ACT

So neither of ye are right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Well Smartypants
    there are 8

6 States
    TAS
    VIC
    NSW
    QLD
    SA
    WA

and

2 Territories
    NT
    ACT

Pffft - who counts Canberra :D

• Advertisement

I knew some smart ass would bring that up

The OP mentioned states and a territory is not a state, according to the citizenship booklet there are 6 states.

6 states not 7 and definitely not 8 .... just the 6

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Australia only has 6 states,
    6 States

I'm confused. He said there were 6 states.
    You said there were 8, then you agreed there were 6 states, you listed all the states

Then called him wrong???

There are 6 states, anyone who disagrees is wrong. Regardless, 5 haven't be flooded.

Also, there are around 9 (10 is you count the antarctic claim) australian territories, not 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

hussey wrote: »
    Pffft - who counts Canberra :D

The arguments as to whether or not somewhere is a State/territory boils down to 2 things

Do they have their own Post code
    Do they have their own Licence Plates

and of course the aul Frank Zappa rule
    Beer and a Football Team.

There is no argument, there are 6 states. The difference is pretty big in terms of making laws.

Regardless;
    The beer rule agrees with this. Who the hell would drink a beer from ACT, is there even one? (I struggled to find a bottleshop open at 7pm on a sunday driving through Canberra :eek:)

Advertisement