Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishopstown - Carrigaline commute

Options
  • 16-01-2011 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

My brother has been offered a job in Carrigaline, but lives in Bishopstown. I just wanted to get an idea from those familiar with the area of how bad traffic is at peak times between Bishopstown and Carrigaline, in terms of getting on to the South Ring, and on the South Ring itself as neither himself nor myself are too familiar with the area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Traffic in general is quite heading to Carrigaline in the mornings differant story going the other way 25 mins should do

cookie75 wrote: »
    Traffic in general is quite heading to Carrigaline in the mornings differant story going the other way 25 mins should do

Yeah, it's fine compared to Carrigaline to Bishopstown, 25 mins is a tad ambitious though, it takes me that most mornings to go from the Lough to ShannonPark roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

You could also go up via the airport or via 5 mile bridge and cut through ballygarvan to get you there, can be quicker sometimes depending on traffic

-Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭gonphishin

cookie75 wrote: »

Just wondering what the commute is like going the other way- Carrigaline to Bishopstown around 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

gonphishin wrote: »
    Just wondering what the commute is like going the other way- Carrigaline to Bishopstown around 8am.

It isn't too bad after January but I have been caught on the Carrigaline to CIT bus from anywhere between 30mins to 2 and half hours. Around December traffic tends to be fierce especially with the weather we had last Christmas

• Advertisement

It isn't too bad after January but I have been caught on the Carrigaline to CIT bus from anywhere between 30mins to 2 and half hours. Around December traffic tends to be fierce especially with the weather we had last Christmas

2 AND A HALF HOURS???!!!!
    Do you know what it might be around this time of year in a car? And is there generally a lot of traffic heading in that direction in the morning?
    Thanks for replying so quickly by the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Do you know what it might be around this time of year in a car? And is there generally a lot of traffic heading in that direction in the morning?

, Yeah that can be a crappy journey now and then.
    You probably want to be safe and budget an hour to get to btown. Its usually about half an hour on carrs hill. And without traffic its 25-30mins. So an hour is a decent bet

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

It shouldn't be too bad as the colleges and schools are closed. But it should allow extra time for unforeseen events like crashes, etc.

It shouldn't be too bad as the colleges and schools are closed. But it should allow extra time for unforeseen events like crashes, etc.

Thanks for the help (also to mawk!!).

Advertisement