Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPA?

Options
  • 16-01-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has done a postgrad (or any course) through IPA (Institute of Public Administration)? I'm looking at the MA Financial Management, but as I don't work in the public sector at the moment - I don't want to be restricted in the future having qualified with these guys.
    They told me that they cater for people working in both private and public sector, but just wondering if anybody has any experience dealing with them?

Application needs to be accompanied by full fees apparently, so I'd want to be pretty sure before I part with a few thousand euro! :)

Oh and I'm restricted to doing it part time as I work full time (no chance of being able to take time during the week for day time lectures either). I have seen other universities / colleges offering programmes that would be ideal, but are full time.

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

akila wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has done a postgrad (or any course) through IPA (Institute of Public Administration)? I'm looking at the MA Financial Management, but as I don't work in the public sector at the moment - I don't want to be restricted in the future having qualified with these guys.
    They told me that they cater for people working in both private and public sector, but just wondering if anybody has any experience dealing with them?

Application needs to be accompanied by full fees apparently, so I'd want to be pretty sure before I part with a few thousand euro! :)

Oh and I'm restricted to doing it part time as I work full time (no chance of being able to take time during the week for day time lectures either). I have seen other universities / colleges offering programmes that would be ideal, but are full time.

Thanks! :D

I completed a Post-Grad in Public Management with them. I also finished my Degree in Business Studies with them. I found them very good to deal with especially as I was very restricted in attending classes. I completed both the Degree and Post-Grad using the Distance Learning option, very good course notes, books etc provided up front. A number of optional weekend seminars as well as some compulsory ones were provided throughout the year.

I now work in the Civil Service but there was a mix of public and private sector on the Degree course.

All I would say is that they are professional, courses are good and lecturers are very competent.

But having said that you might be better off exploring your options with other colleges as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 akila

Thanks a million!

Advertisement