Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for studio backdrops

• 16-01-2011 5:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before so apologies if it has!
    I'm currently looking for some portable backdrops (black, white and grey) and wondered if anyone could recommend somewhere online or in the Dublin area that sells them at a good price? I'v been told to check ebay but am not the biggest fan of using it (complicated...) so if anyone else knows other options that would be great!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Check these guys out - barkerphotographic.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Barker are great, in Cork but 2 day delivery, tbh I changed to material backgrounds from paper as I was so afraid of kids pulling the paper down on top of themselves while on the background stand, I find the paper much better. Ok its not as portable as the material but you have much less worry of creases especially the white the paper reflects the light better. As long as you have a car where you can fold down the backseats and put the paper roll through to the passenger foot area then you will be able to bring it around handy enough.

If you arent on too much of a budget though you can look into the lastolite hilite background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

This is the hilite set up, no train on it for this shoot
    01CA5D93E59E4ECBBEE5E6AFAB1DC96A-800.jpg

0C69A22C21C840ABBEDB8B4B0DEBDED2-800.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Have a talk to the guys at DML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I got one of these this afternoon.

I went for the 2in1 black and white one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Kelly I am pretty sure that is the pne I have and in all honesty I would recommend something stronger. If it is the same one then I will say it is 8 ft wide, norm paper size is 9 ft so theres a bit of cutting to do too.

Thanks for the advice STG. The Interfit COR761 is 3m wide. What would you recommend instead? Paddy Barker sells the Interfit so I thought it would be fairly decent.

It could just be a newer version of mine, I cant remember the name on mine tbh, I have it a long time and although it does what it needs to I would prefer to get a stronger one, too many other things to get first though.

I find the connections quite weak, you know when you raise the tripods and you eed to tighten, they are plastic and not very strong, both PaulW and Dodgykeeper on this forum were with me when one of these broke just tightening, although it doesnt make a difference when I have a material backdrop, if I put paper on it I do have to tape around the area or else it will drop. I just dont feel it is strong enough.

I helped another guy out this weekend and found his support to be 10 times more superior to mine, for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it but I will ask him when I speak to him this week and let you know. If its a case where you can get better for a mere 30 or 40 quid more then Id say go for better.

As I said though I use it, it works, it does its job, its just not the best on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'd love some kind of easy up and down backdrop too, but don't want the hassle of more stands/rigging. Is there such a thing as a VERY simple backdrop? ... for very cheap?

I'm talking, easy fit holders, roll out material, lightweight, no fuss, few minutes set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I have that Interfit stand, bought it on recommendation from Barkers, cheap and cheerful is what they said. I've found it fine, holds up my paper background and that's all I need it to do.

I helped another guy out this weekend and found his support to be 10 times more superior to mine, for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it but I will ask him when I speak to him this week and let you know. If its a case where you can get better for a mere 30 or 40 quid more then Id say go for better.
    Hiya, did you manage to get the make of your friend's background kit?

:oCompletely forgot will mail now and ask.

PHOTOSEL BS-103 BACKGROUND SUPPORT 3 PIECE CROSS BAR

Thanks very much SMG, glad I asked you. I see Amazon have it for £65, not bad! The Interfit 3m stand is £104 so I think I'll opt for the PhotoSEL.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I just ordered the BG-104 from Amazon for £68 which includes an extra .5m pole for greater flexibility. Sorted! :)

Advertisement