Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinect bundle HMV

• 16-01-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So I bought a new xbox kinect bundle (4GB) 2 weeks ago after my second RROD for €300 and find its now €250 in HMV today. I think microsoft hates me. I think its very unfair to all the people who paid €300 at christmas to have such a big price drop 2 weeks into January.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

It's microsofts business, they pick the price, when they like where they like. They don't force you to buy anything and electronics are always decreasing in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Therell always be someone that buys something just before it drops in price. Not much you can do bout it really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

how is this new, prices of most clothes and electronic good drops largely in price in the January sales. also, doesnt microsoft replace rrod for free i thought no?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Emmettfl

they only repair RROD for up to 3 years and as far as I know, console prices are set by the manufacturer not by shops, the january sales are to get rid of extra stock, consoles are always gonna sell so if a shop has too many it doesnt make any difference to them, they will b sold at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Emmettfl wrote: »
    they only repair RROD for up to 3 years and as far as I know, console prices are set by the manufacturer not by shops, the january sales are to get rid of extra stock, consoles are always gonna sell so if a shop has too many it doesnt make any difference to them, they will b sold at some stage.

lol, economics fail, cheaper consoles=more chance of people buying them, means selling more at price Y instead ohaving a bunch of them at price X sitting unsold behind the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Microsoft have not changed any prices, this is HMV. The console and Kinect bundles are still at the usual RRP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 edisoar

Hi all,
    I have noticed in the XBOX360 Kinect that there is a green hue with the sports game. However, it changed to a multi coloured graphics for perhaps 2-3 nights and has now reverted to the green hue. Can anyone explain why this is happening?
    Eamon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

niallon wrote: »
    Microsoft have not changed any prices, this is HMV. The console and Kinect bundles are still at the usual RRP.

Well its reduced by same amount as HMV now on Amazon also.

Advertisement