Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamster free to good home. Please help!

Options
  • 16-01-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey guys, a friend of mine is looking to re-home his 1-year-old male Campbells Russian Dwarf Hamster. My friend is leaving the country and it's too much hassle for both of them to put the hamster through quarrantine and all that craic.

The hamster is called Hero, is very tame and has his own cage and all that. Provided he goes to a good home, he's free. Dwarves are very cute and can be quite affectionate, good pets for college or kids provided they are sensible about handling them. If you know anyone who can help or would like to take him on yourself get back to me at tehferalhamster@gmail.com. I'll be more than willing to help out with advice, re-taming and the like.
    He's the same breed as my own hamsters, if you don't know us then google the breed name.

Be warned though, the males are very active at night. Ask bob_bot about Púca :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

vinamax wrote: »
    Be warned though, the males are very active at night. Ask bob_bot about Púca :P

Púca is just havin the craic. I can ask a few friends in tullamore that might be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

???????????? Why not just release him into the wild ??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

???????????? Why not just release him into the wild ??????????

Durrrrrpppp .... Hamsters don't do well in the wild, cold weather, predators and no food. Lets see you survive first.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Apart from the fact that I am a fan of this particular type of pet and this is a favour to a good friend, that is the most ignorant and hateful thing I have heard all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

I might know someone who'll take it, does he get on well with other dwarf hamsters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

I think he's too old. Maybe someone with more experience would be able to introduce them slowly, but he's been on his own for a year now so I wouldn't advise putting him in with another hamster. They are fiercely territorial and will at least injure an intruder if given the chance (I held my male up to my female in her cage once and she started screeching her lungs out.).

But maybe I'm wrong, if this person has successfully introduced older hamsters into the same cage then it could work. It depends on the individual hamsters, some are just anti-social...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tara be

I'll take him if you still have him! I've sent u an email with my mobile no. Good home, good refs can take him immediately. Thanks.
    Tara.

Advertisement