Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy jumped in river

• 16-01-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Poor chap jumped in opposite crystal city bar about 10am this morning. Passers by threw him life bouy which he ignored. Firemen could not get him either. Helicopter then arrived but not sure if they got him. Anyone know if he got out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Where is the cyrstal city bar? Jesus that like 3 or 4 similar stories mentioned on here in the last 12 months or so. Very worrying. Hoped it works out ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

ziedth wrote: »
    Where is the cyrstal city bar? Jesus that like 3 or 4 similar stories mentioned on here in the last 12 months or so. Very worrying. Hoped it works out ok.

It's the one on the opposite corner to Traceys Hotel, now that I think about it that was probably it's name years ago. Not sure what it's called now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Its the first bar you see coming across the bridge,on the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i take it then the tide was in as if it were,nt i,d say the fire service would be trying to get him outta the mud build up at the quay wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Waterford City River Rescue facebook says "
    CALL OUT 1004 call from limerick ambulance control center.a body of a male was taken from the water at rice bridge by waterford fire service and removed to wrh by ambulance.rescue 117 and our boat continued to search the area until 1135 as there was some confusion as to how many casualties were involved. no other person was found and we stood down 1140."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

yes the marine rescue guys do a great service to the community on a voluntary basis with no funding only from charitable sources afaik

which is a shame seen the fas sponsor ce schemes for the randomest of shyte jobs ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

So is he okay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

So is he okay?

I doubt that he is ok, when they say removed a body from the river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sadly yes, I would imagibe they wold say one man/woman was rescued but one "body removed" would surely suggest it was fatal. I sincely hope i'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

If so, R.I.P:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

seen all the comotion on the quay this morning,,never seen the rescue helicopter flying so low before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

yeah Mrs robtri was passing that way this morning... seen it all didnt know what it was about...

poor bloke...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Sad to hear. Was passing there last night about 11ish and the rescue crowd were there again. Something else happen last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jesus that like 3 or 4 similar stories mentioned on here in the last 12 months or so. Very worrying. Hoped it works out ok.

Yeah you're right about that Ziedth. It seems to be a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I think it's happening much more than even people hear about. I was passing about 2 am a few weeks ago and saw group of rescue crew in uniform having good look in river. No sign of helicopter or any other crew there but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I was passing the quay at 2.30am Sunday morning. There were 2 Search/Rescue vehicles opposite the bridge hotel. When I passed the clock tower I saw 4-5 uniforms on the walkway looking over the glass railing.
    It seems to be more prevalant lately. I hope they got whoever was in there safe and sound :(

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

I was passing the quay at 2.30am Sunday morning. There were 2 Search/Rescue vehicles opposite the bridge hotel. When I passed the clock tower I saw 4-5 uniforms on the walkway looking over the glass railing.
    It seems to be more prevalant lately. I hope they got whoever was in there safe and sound :(

They were prob the same guys i saw at 11.30ish pm. If they were there that long it doesnt look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

no its prob more than likely the river rescue lads as they usually do this at the weekends, patrol the quays and have a boat on the river also as a precaution, what you saw was prob the crew having a chat with the boat crew!!!

Advertisement