Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best goggles?

Options
  • 16-01-2011 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm after getting back into competitive swimming and I want a really good pair of goggles because my other pair snapped.
    Any recomendations for a new pair? Especially ones that wont come off when I dive into the pool
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lorcan122

Any brand of speedos, normally they are very good and high quality i have had mine for about 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

lorcan122 wrote: »
    Any brand of speedos, normally they are very good and high quality i have had mine for about 4 years.

Depends on the swimmer too. I like you was lucky and got a great cheap pair that lasted for years. Others I know and many on this forum haven't been so lucky.

OP Swedish goggles are a very popular style and good imo. I haven't seen them in shops here so you may have to look online.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jaygee

Thanks guys, I've never heard of those swedish ones but I might do some research into them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Don't think Swedish goggles are for everyone, could never get on with them myself, hurt my eye-sockets and let water in.

I love these Tyr ones:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tyr-nest-pro-goggles/ (I have the clear model)

Comfortable on the eyes, never have a problem letting water in or fogging up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Ive found the off the shelf Speedo competitive goggles in Elvery's or lifestyle ( & most major retailers) brilliant in the last 2 years I've been using them after lifestyle stopped (afaik) stocking the Aquablades. Bonus is they're less then half the price of what I use to pay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Speedo are pretty solid, I've found Biofuse to be consistently good for open water and pool, if its just for the pool, Vanquishers or Mariners are solid and durable.
    As far as Aquasphere are concerned, the first pair I had were lovely, very snug fit, but the nose piece snapped after only 3 or 4 months, so I switched back to Speedo.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Speedo Speedsockets are the best imo. Used to wear arena until the pretty much disappeared but speedsockets have been a more than adequate replacement.

Advertisement