Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fake nokia N8s around BEWARE

Options
  • 16-01-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

a wave of cloned N8s HAS landed they are identical to look at
    this would be unsuspecting to the untrained eye or people that are not up to speed with phones
    so check before purchase if the phone is a clone this would also apply to most high end nokia models
    here is such an example.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/phones/1811456

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Was looking for a coloured one myself, and came across a lot of fakes.

Here are a couple of tips for spotting fakes:

The real phone's screen is almost as black as its surround, from any angle. (this is true for any phone using an AMOLED display). It may look a very deep blue, but it's never grey.

Ask to see the reverse of the phone. The fakes won't have a flashbulb, just LEDs. The lens will also not look the same as on a real one. Look at review sites for pics of the real unit.

Seeing this, wondering what the law is on reselling counterfeit goods? This isn't just a fake (like those "NOKLA" or "HOKIA" phones), but something that was made to be passed off as a real product: even the box looks the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well the main thing that sticks out with the majority of Smartphone clones is the DUAL SIM FEATURE THEY ALL BANG ON ABOUT!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

It does say its a clone though

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Not on the ad title, it doesn't.

It's a little shy about saying "not a real Nokia N8 - it's a clone" in the description too.

When both the box and phone have "NOKIA" clearly written on them, a responsible advertiser would point this out a little more clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

we need to make people aware of the issue as there is people still unaware of the difference between them and the real mc coy
    done deal actually allow this behavior and dont give a sh1t
    ive spotted many fakes and mailed them and all they do is say contact the garda
    check this out here
    a nokia experia x6 no all you phone buffs here can see its a fake
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/phones/1778680

but done deal have been told and dont care also the fact that the name nokia experia is bull and theres nothing to mention its a clone/copy in the ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

jimmynokia, I know one of the girls in Donedeal, id you can verify for me without doubt that that nokia experia x6 is a fake I will contact her, she deletes scam motorcycles regularly when notified on our forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i have a contact there myself buddy but it dont take anybody with knowledge of phones to see that the phone is a clone have a look yourself there check the photo where the x6 is located and the writing and look at the box also there is no such thing as a Nokia experia or a dual sim Nokia x6 either.

Advertisement