Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a steampunk artist

Options
  • 16-01-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I'm looking for tattoo artist to design a tattoo for me. I'm looking for something in a steampunk style depicting a heart with watch work/mechanical workings.
    Can anyone suggest an artist working in this style to design this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

98-00 wrote: »
    I'm looking for tattoo artist to design a tattoo for me. I'm looking for something in a steampunk style depicting a heart with watch work/mechanical workings.
    Can anyone suggest an artist working in this style to design this for me?

I don't know an artist but I saw this on the internet earlier.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/Cogwork/heartcopy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Alright I'll wade in on this one, if you're serious about getting a good tattoo be prepared to travel, possibly abroad, for it. Or you can (almost literally, chance your arm with an artist here), dont get me wrong, Ireland has some great artists, its just personally I wouldnt be inclined to go to one here for a steampunk tat/sleeve and only one or 2 (literally 1 or 2) for a portrait (Justin Russels good)

Anyway, it may be worth your while looking at Pavel from Skin City Dublin,( though he more so works in colour Bio......arguably Bio-Organic style.....there's a difference between Bio-Mech and Bio-Organic just so you're aware), but i digress, at the time of writing, for my money and skin I would give serious consideration to *dah* *dah* *dah* Stephane Chaudesaigues, he did this: http://www.robotvsbadger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dark_biomech_elbow_2_of_2.jpg which I'm guessing is more along the lines of what you're looking for?

Oh, and if you're looking to get someone to design you a piece, it basically works in 2 ways. You go to the studio, tell them what you want and the artist draws something up for you for which you pay for. Who tattoos this onto you is your business.
    The second way is to get a good artist who knows there stuff, and work with them on the design, within the 1st session all or most of the line-work should be done, to act as a map for later sessions as the tattoo becomes complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Diceicle wrote: »
    Anyway, it may be worth your while looking at Pavel from Skin City Dublin,( though he more so works in colour Bio......arguably Bio-Organic style.....there's a difference between Bio-Mech and Bio-Organic just so you're aware), but i digress, at the time of writing, for my money and skin I would give serious consideration to *dah* *dah* *dah* Stephane Chaudesaigues, he did this: http://www.robotvsbadger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dark_biomech_elbow_2_of_2.jpg which I'm guessing is more along the lines of what you're looking for?

I'd second Pavel too, but that one you posted is absolutely epic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm no tattoo artist, but that seems like an interesting design I can try creating on paper later on.

Advertisement