Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car boot sales.

• 16-01-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Heya,

I may be moving home to Oz soon, and need to sell of 10 years worth of collected items.
    DVDs, lamps, books etc.
    Would a car boot sale be the best place for this? I have never been to one and I dont know if its appropriate for a random person to pop in and sell stuff.

If so, does anyone know where good ones are held?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

adverts.ie maybe?

If you have a list of stuff PM me, I'm always interested in picking up a few books etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Adverts is item by item, I may do it with some items but I have over 100 books I would say.
    All SFF (its all I read :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Jumpy wrote: »
    Adverts is item by item, I may do it with some items but I have over 100 books I would say.
    All SFF (its all I read :( )

Sci-fi/fantasy? I'd be interested :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I have started using Jumbletown.ie to source stuff. You might want to use them to give away stuff otherwise donate to Charity shops.

Selling stuff, if you don't have time, might be too much of a chore for little gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I will be putting together a list over the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Limerick IS THE BEST

Hi jumpy dres a secondhand bookstore on histreet opp the round house he buys secondhand books & dvds etc dre are 2 bootsales on every sunday one in eastway business park and the other one is in the carpark off kemmy bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Scarriff, Co. Clare have a car boot sale every Sunday. Starts 9.00am I think.

Eastway is a Sunday Market. Not sure you can just turn up and sell stuff.

Advertisement