Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ballagh

• 16-01-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi am thinking of moving to The ballagh near Enniscorthy. Anybody live there, what its like. Broadband coverage etc. Schools. any advice would be welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicolasa

jordansboy wrote: »
    Hi am thinking of moving to The ballagh near Enniscorthy. Anybody live there, what its like. Broadband coverage etc. Schools. any advice would be welcomed

Hi there,

I was doing a search to see if there was any advice about moving to The Ballagh, Ballaghskeen area off Enniscorthy as I am now considering it. And I came across your post. I hope you don't mind me asking if you moved there and how did it go? I live in Gorey and can't stay here due to house prices anymore, so it will be a massive change no matter what!

Best wishes!
    Patricia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Romer

I was living there this time last year. Not the village itself but right near The Real Unyoke. Broadband was great. Had fibre straight to the house, good speed (100+ mbps were normal). Primary schools were all full up at the time. Had to get the kids into St Mary's in Enniscorthy so that was a bit of a pain. Now, granted we moved there mid school year so that may have had something to do with it.

All in all I loved it. You have 3 towns (Gorey, Enniscorthy, Wexford) within 20 minutes. Curracloe about 15 minutes away as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicolasa

Romer wrote: »
    I was living there this time last year. Not the village itself but right near The Real Unyoke. Broadband was great. Had fibre straight to the house, good speed (100+ mbps were normal). Primary schools were all full up at the time. Had to get the kids into St Mary's in Enniscorthy so that was a bit of a pain. Now, granted we moved there mid school year so that may have had something to do with it.

All in all I loved it. You have 3 towns (Gorey, Enniscorthy, Wexford) within 20 minutes. Curracloe about 15 minutes away as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with me. I like the sound of that. I had to search The Real Unyoke on the map, very close to the village indeed. My kids don't want to change school so I'll be on the road a lot for now.
    All the best!
    Patricia

Advertisement