Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have confidence in Brian Cowen?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

No.

But I hope he wins the confidence vote in himself and does led FF into the next election, I think they will sustain much bigger losses with him still as leader, he is the party's worst enemy at the moment, so leave him where he is.

I would hate to see FF get a new leader, and then see them go up a few points in the polls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

We seem to be heading into an election , not based on electing a leader with the most amount of competence, but based on the least amount of incompetence and press handling ability.

If the guy is incompetent then he should go. Simple as.

Am I the only person who thinks the system is not serving us well and this is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

What difference does it make who is the leader of Fianna Fail ?
    They are going to get a pasting in the next election. They have all been proven to be at the very least incompetent, at worst perhaps corrupt
    Its funny now they are finally realising that they may lose their little seats of power, that they thought they had a God given right to beacuse they were Fianna Fail :pac:

The leaders of other parties would need to be photographed in bed with a sheep , or worse, for it to make a difference.

I cant see any change on the way though.

I am still left with a choice between the Feck All Party and the Damn All Party and the Public Service Employees Party.

What have I ever done to any politician to deserve this ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

CDfm wrote: »
    The leaders of other parties would need to be photographed in bed with a sheep , or worse, for it to make a difference.

I cant see any change on the way though.

I am still left with a choice between the Feck All Party and the Damn All Party and the Public Service Employees Party.

What have I ever done to any politician to deserve this ???

Not handed over the brown envelope.:(

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Not handed over the brown envelope.:(

You havent answered my point.I am talking about ability, policy & government and personally would not care if the Taoiseach and Cabinet had hookers and booze weekends in Farmleigh every weekend as long as the country was well run.

I also find it laughable that election funds are paid out to political parties from our taxes.

That is hardly democratic and just how ludicrous it is is that it works against small parties and groups and independents going forward.

So yes, object to brown envelopes, and criminalise it but also explain how the new rules have curbed democracy in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Also

I hope he stays as leader of FF, because that means FF can't claim "Well we have a new leader, TADAH! We've changed we'd be much better now if you voted us in", and some eej*ts will believe it and vote for them! So hopefully the motion of confidence succeeds, Cowen stays and FF's obliteration will be maximised come the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I expect these stats to be published in tomorrow's Independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I expect these stats to be published in tomorrow's Independent.

Really hope that happens.

Would anyone have the email addresses of all FF TDs. Post them here please. If we could all email them a link to this thread that would be great.

A message to FF: You have turned Ireland into a banana republic. Please FCUK OFF NOW. The lot of ye just go. Leave your pensions behind please. Ireland needs the money to stay alive. Try and get work in supermacs. Although you wouldnt be trusted on the tills so your chances will be slim. And Brian Cowen would eat all around him. Just please **** OFF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

forget about the swine flu, there's an epidemic of finger-slippage, 25 cases already confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

after his interview today on radio, i have gained confidence in mr cowen,,, while i would not have confidence in m martain after also hearing him on radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Gangsters the lot of them. Whoever votes for them in the next 15 years needs a brain transplant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

goat2 wrote: »
    after his interview today on radio, i have gained confidence in mr cowen,,, while i would not have confidence in m martain after also hearing him on radio.

How do you tell politicians are lieing? They open their mouth.

profitius wrote: »
    Gangsters the lot of them. Whoever votes for them in the next 15 years needs a brain transplant.
    i dont have my mind made up on how i will be voting, if i do vote.
    but what improvement would labour of fine gael, or sinn fein bring on, would they do what is right for this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

What p*sses me off about a lot of this debate is the discussion that is going on around Cowen and his "personality", his "style of leadership", his "communication skills"...

Let's have a brief discussion on the subject of RESULTS... Here's a guy who utterly believes in a political party that has wrecked this country, let's also leave that aside for a second... Let's just accept that the country is in an absolute mess...

When Cowen is evaluated under the RESULTS heading, he is one thing and one thing only and that thing is an absolute FAILURE. I'm so sick of hearing a grumpy obese FAILURE, being described in terms of his personality traits. I couldn't give a f*ck what he looks like or what he sounds like, I'm only interested in discussing the results he has achieved for this country.

There is no question here but that he is to running this country what Steve Staunton was to the national soccer team, how any person could suggest that he should remain in place is something that actually terrifies me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

forget about the swine flu, there's an epidemic of finger-slippage, 25 cases already confirmed

You just wait until people get in the booths. I'd be very surprised to see the actual percentage of morons voting FF to be anywhere near as low as it appears they might be. Hope I'm wrong, but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Indeed :)
    What deed of unimaginable deviency would the opposition have to do in order for FF to win the next election ?

JohnathanM wrote: »
    You just wait until people get in the booths. I'd be very surprised to see the actual percentage of morons voting FF to be anywhere near as low as it appears they might be. Hope I'm wrong, but...
    if it goes on the likes of debate that we heard today on the radio with brian cowen at the helm, yes they will be getting the votes, and all those indipendents who are really ff will be joining them for another few yrs, but if you think about it, they have learned from the past 12 yrs running this country, not to cock up again

JohnathanM wrote: »

Suicide is looking like an attractive option for me. But dont worry I wont do anything until after I vote against FF.

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »
    if it goes on the likes of debate that we heard today on the radio with brian cowen at the helm, yes they will be getting the votes, and all those indipendents who are really ff will be joining them for another few yrs, but if you think about it, they have learned from the past 12 yrs running this country, not to cock up again

No one will ever be in prison for what they have done if FF gets in again. A new government is needed to send the lot of FF, bankers and developers into mountjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ilovesleep wrote: »
    No one will ever be in prison for what they have done if FF gets in again. A new government is needed to send the lot of FF, bankers and developers into mountjoy.

and reform the prison system while they're at it, Mountjoy is like a B&B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I am amazed how much people downplay the role/importance of the CS here.

True, but who do the CS ultimately answer to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

what this is ridiculous why not, what has he done absolutely nothing who else was around to give him better advice or who else in this country could have done any better, as for bertie, Best. Leader. Ever. come on realistically someone here do better with the resources. Somehow we became a Powerful economy, amazingly small population, ridiculous GDP we deserve everything and more, we should have been more than content with our situation in the 90's

newmug wrote: »
    True, but who do the CS ultimately answer to?

For all practical purposes and I am going from what John Bruton said no-one and that they are more powerful than the politicians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

For all practical purposes and I am going from what John Bruton said no-one and that they are more powerful than the politicians.

Maybe. That could be the case when they're let away with it, but they're supposed to do what the govt tells them, and in turn the govt is supposed to do what the people tell them.

Did you ever see the clip of Ruari Quinn telling a CS person what to do, the way it should be done? I cant find it on youtube, but basically Lab was in govt with others at the time. The Dail discussed setting up the Criminal Assets Bewro. Quinn went to the CS and told them the CAB idea. A CS person said "We'll run a feasibility test on this idea and see whether it can be done". Quinn said "Its fcukin being done, and thats it"!!! In front of Mary O'Rourke aswell IIRC

• Advertisement

newmug wrote: »
    Maybe. That could be the case when they're let away with it, but they're supposed to do what the govt tells them, and in turn the govt is supposed to do what the people tell them.

Exactly and what John Bruton implied is that they fraustrate implimenting anything they do not want to.

I am just saying - would any party run and say right lads -if we get in we are going to impliment Croke Park straight away or for the amount of money spent on it the Health Service should be able to provide a free National Health Service as the do in the North or the UK.

I havent seen the Ruari Quinn YouTube but he is a skilled media performer anyway.

I believe John Bruton.

Advertisement