Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remove account settings etc before selling?

• 16-01-2011 6:47pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm selling my ZT-180 tablet - and I want to make sure no personal data etc is still on there. Apparently you cannot remove your google account unless you swap it with another one. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? There is a reset button but it does not do anything, apparently it only works on the updated software version.

Any quick way to wipe settings?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just delete the password and untick the "remember password" box.

Even if it has your email address its no use to anyone and they`ll have to make a new account to get into the market.
    Im sure theres probably a way if its rooted.

Btw before you advertise that zt180 pm me.Im about to order one so we might be able to do a deal.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks, Hmmm I cannot seem to find where I do that. Been searching but no password option that I can see. I just changed my gmail password, but old emails are still there. Any suggestions?

Oh and it's already sold, sorry!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hmmm,
    Try settings--account and sync settings-click the account you want to remove-remove account down the bottom.

Btw if that sales falls through let me know.

*edit**I left out a step.Just tried this on my x10 and it removed it.As far as I can remember the Zt180 is 2.1 aswell so should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just go to gmail and register a new account with a made up name, put that into it to replace your own gmail

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This is really annoying. I added a new gmail account I made up, but it still won't let me remove the old one... There is no option to restopre factory settings in Priviacy like there says there should be. I've changed my password but still 100 or so emails are there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Probably a bit off topic but how do you sign out of the Market to sign in using a different gmail? :)

Advertisement