Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationships And All That Goes With It

Options
  • 16-01-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Okay, well since the last thread died over half a year ago, and I had something which falls into that sort of category, was thinking it was time for a new thread? (Mods lock if you feel appropriate).

Anyway, what I'm finding with relationships is that I think I just have too high standards, or I'm worried about what happens after I go out with the girl.

I haven't been out with anyone in a couple of months, but it's mostly because I haven't found anyone who I like more than just friends.

Like naturally, I've found a few girls hot/'I would', but then I always think about knock on effects, if a girl I'd rather go out with was her friend, but wouldn't go out with me cause of sloppy seconds/no dating ex's rule.

Just posting to see if anyone thought the same, anyone else got some observations on Relationships?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

“I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was "You'll never find anyone like me again!" I'm thinking, "I should hope not! If I don't want you, why would I want someone like you."”

I know how you feel, you don't like anybody for a while then you like someone but also realise her friend is in the " i would " category.

My main problem is that like yourself. I look to far ahead, not so much in a positive point of view. I know that everything at this age, seemingly has to end. So it's more a case of when that will be. I bet you feel you also just can't " get " with a random girl. You need to text them, get to know them, build your confidence up before you can decide if you want to or not.

It's hard, then when you like someone you aren't sure if you want to act on it or not. Currently going through a similar experience because i am fearful of the potential repercussions it could have on our mutual friends and our own friendship in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I've been single for a long-ass time for reasons outside the usual.But for me, I'd have very little interest in anything other than a relatioonship [i'm weird like that]

Overall though,the advice I give to people[why they ask me i'll never know] is "Think less".Seriously, guys never know what the girls think of them and vice versa, stop worrying about it grow a pair and chance your arm.

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else see people who are in a relationship seemingly just for the sake of it, the pair don't match too well and you can tell it's not as good as it should be

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Maybe it's just me but does anyone else see people who are in a relationship seemingly just for the sake of it, the pair don't match too well and you can tell it's not as good as it should be

You probably don't get to see the whole picture...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

And we all know couples who think they're bloody married. Im with my boyfriend (on and off) for four and a half years. Yet we don't need to smother each other or buy a pet together to feel like our relationship is worth something.

THANK GOD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

If I had to buy my girlfriend a pet, it'd be a fern tree.

/howtoloseaguyintendays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    If I had to buy my girlfriend a pet, it'd be a fern tree.

/howtoloseaguyintendays

'You killed our love fern!!!'

'Baby its not dead...its just sleeping!'

Advertisement