Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I need a certification to repair computers?

• 16-01-2011 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey there, I am 18 years old and have fixed quite a few computers in my spare time, mostly for friends and family. I was about to put an ad in the local newspaper about computer repairing, not screen repairing or anything like that, mostly just virus removal and installations, etc. Just something to do in my spare time, nothing big.

Do I need any type of certification for this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 manutdfan93

nope
    I thought so. I asked the fam about it and they talked about how I might get into lawsuits, if by some chance, I mess up the computer whilst repairing it, and don't have any qualifications. But I said it's on them for calling me and asking me to do it. Just wanted to make sure I get into no trouble or anything.

Do you think it would be okay to advertise it in the newspaper? I have no qualifications, or experience. But I do happen to know a lot about computers and would give it a shot. I wouldn't charge them if I couldn't fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I do it myself. I have a website and advertise locally. I don't have qualifications, I' ve a degree in engineering which is unrelated.

You would' t make enough to make a living out of it, well I don't anyway but its a nice side line.

Sure give it a go for awhile and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

You don't need any certification but it wouldn't hurt to have some. Check out your local fas office they probably do plenty of evening or daytime courses on pc maintenance.

Advertisement