Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox going into standy by mode

• 16-01-2011 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

I got an 360 recently and I've noticed it's going into standby by mode alot.

For instance.........I turned it on there, black ops loaded. As the map was loading (i could hear it on the headset) I switched over to the tv for a second then...........the 360 just shut down into standy by :eek:

I had to load the game again :confused:

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Have you the box connected to your TV via HDMI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

duploelabs wrote: »
    Have you the box connected to your TV via HDMI?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sometimes with the pairing function on HDCP protocols (in plain english the way the two devices, the tv and xbox, talk to each other) will prevent the xbox from starting up or will shut it down unless it gets a functioning port on the other end. I.e if your tv isn't switched onto the HDMI input which the xbox goes into then your xbox may not operate properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

duploelabs wrote: »
    Sometimes with the pairing function on HDCP protocols (in plain english the way the two devices, the tv and xbox, talk to each other) will prevent the xbox from starting up or will shut it down unless it gets a functioning port on the other end. I.e if your tv isn't switched onto the HDMI input which the xbox goes into then your xbox may not operate properly

thanks, Yeah I've since noticed that's exactly what's happening.

Advertisement