Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muay thai need advice

• 16-01-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hay guys I will be starting mauy thai in Limerick on monday, I was just wondering Im really unfit at the moment Im not over weight but I just have not done exercise in like a year, and I have never attempted a martial art before so should I really get fit before trying this???. Also should I go to the training in shorts or tracksuit bottoms, and basically what should I expect in the type of training??

thanks to anyone who replies to this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 comikbookguy

you can start off as is, it will help to get fit too obviously but as a begginer you will start off easy enough.
    in the long term you will need to be very fit as Muay Thai requires a very high level of fitness and conditioning along with bags of determination and perseverence . your coach Robert is a very good guy very experience you will be in good hands there, enjoy and best of luck ! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

lcrcboy wrote: »
    should I really get fit before trying this???

Nah...jump in. The expectation is that beginners are unfit.
    lcrcboy wrote: »
    Also should I go to the training in shorts or tracksuit bottoms, and basically what should I expect in the type of training??

Shorts and a t-shirt. Shorter shorts are better for kicking with. Longer shorts will restrict your movement.

What to expect? Hitting pads for sure. After that I'd say it varies by coach. You'll have fun though. Good luck!

Advertisement