Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever flirted or dated a Boardsie?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭amacca

basquille wrote: »
    ** grabs popcorn with dick pre-inserted **

dya want some butter on dat bud?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

with a boardsie now ;) RAWR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

with a boardsie now ;) RAWR!!!
    awww sweet! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

OisinT wrote: »
    Oh, my hands are to myself all right :D :eek:

PICS or gtfo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I did on both accounts, then again I don't know if I qualified at flirting since I was pretty pathetic at it, and by "was" I also mean currently am still. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nope.

But an AH Mod did recognize me by my bikini photo (anyone need a reminder?), whilst I was fully clothed and from behind!.. (a lot of truth in this story!).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

dating one now (dating sounds so weird), can be a bit of a foursome at times, what with 2 laptops on boards together

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

--LOS-- wrote: »
    dating one now (dating sounds so weird), can be a bit of a foursome at times, what with 2 laptops on boards together

Yeah we don't say dating much here. Ridin' would be our equivalent.

I thought it would be shifting no or is that gone out of fashion in the last 10 years?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sheilababy

I would love a flirt with someone now :):):)

• Advertisement

I thought it would be shifting no or is that gone out of fashion in the last 10 years?:o

Shifting is just kissing!

At least thats what I think it means, and hope it means or I've been telling people some exaggerated stories :eek:

Down the country it means kissing, have never heard it being used in Dublin.

Karsini wrote: »
    Down the country it means kissing, have never heard it being used in Dublin.
    Shifting is just kissing!

At least thats what I think it means, and hope it means or I've been telling people some exaggerated stories :eek:

Yes thats what shifting means 'kissing' that was what it was referred to 10 years ago in my time when I was 15...aww bless. Now 'tis snogging I suppose.

Shifting can mean other things depending what part of the country you are in! If you down the country probably mean kissing, up the country the likes of dublin and in the cities probably means a rondezvous of some sort! Well have heard that anyways.

Yes thats what shifting means 'kissing' that was what it was referred to 10 years ago in my time when I was 15...aww bless. Now 'tis snogging I suppose.

Shifting can mean other things depending what part of the country you are in! If you down the country probably mean kissing, up the country the likes of dublin and in the cities probably means a rondezvous of some sort! Well have heard that anyways.

I'm down the country! I still say shift all the time now, snoggings a bit English. I do enjoy a good mackin' though!

Thanks for the explanation, so I don't make a fool of myself if ever in Dublin :P

you've just demoted dating to fŬck buddies :eek:

and shifting is kissing wherever you are!

Shift and meet mean kissing. There is also feek, but that can mean shift or f*ck depending.

I'm down the country! I still say shift all the time now, snoggings a bit English. I do enjoy a good mackin' though!

Thanks for the explanation, so I don't make a fool of myself if ever in Dublin :P

ah don't worry about it. Glad to have explained it to you. I'm down the country myself and have lived in dublin and cork so know the score. Often kissing can be refered to as 'scoring', 'snogging', 'smooching', commonly 'kissy kissy', 'locking lips' or just kissing! Everyone has a different name for it I suppose. Never heard of macking?? Oh ya forgot that, 'meet' is the most fashionable name for it now by teenagers.
    I'm sure you won't, dublin people are fairly easy going but they can get kind of confused by people down the country how they phrase things. You kind of nearly have to explain yourself to them so best to stick with a name so everyone knows i.e. kissing...happy smooching!:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sheilababy wrote: »
    I would love a flirt with someone now :):):)

hey sheilababy, fancy the shift?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

no but I am stalking a few girls on the internet does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'd date a boardsie but I'd probably dump them if they turned out to be racists.

Anyone who'd use the phrase 'those damn blacks' for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

My girlfriend posts regularly enough on Boards. But I didn't meet her through this place though.

I don't really think that counts though.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'd date a boardsie but I'd probably dump them if they turned out to be racists.

Anyone who'd use the phrase 'those damn blacks' for instance.

Durka Durrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

pmcmahon wrote: »
    did she have a beard and was she overweight?

no she was a stunner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Never flirted with a boardsie, they're all dog rough tbh!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Never flirted with a boardsie, they're all dog rough tbh!

Are you startin' sumthin'?

:pac:

hey sheilababy, fancy the shift?
    ;)

Tar - you, me right now.

Woof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

One ex-girlfriend persuaded me to join Boards. I helped convince a friend to set up an account, and ended up seeing her for a few weeks. Met my current girlfriend after getting chatting with her on Boards over a year ago.

Do I win some kind of prize?

My ex and Dad of my kids signed up and talked me into joining,
    have "dated" and been in relationships with a handful or so and am currently
    in a relationship with a boardsie.

I'm dog rough!

tbh
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    My ex and Dad of my kids signed up and talked me into joining,
    have "dated" and been in relationships with a handful or so and am currently
    in a relationship with a boardsie.

will people stop using the term 'dating'

I don't think I've ever 'dated' anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I've been with Aoiferz for almost 3 years.

Love her! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever 'dated' anyone

I've carbon-dated a few but then again I have a thing for 'older' ladies.

Advertisement