Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever flirted or dated a Boardsie?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Joined when I was seeing a guy who constantly talked about Boards. Met my current bf on here too. So, yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

I'd be scared of arranging to meet someone and them turning up with a cod eye or being one of those awful people who's tongues don't seem to fit in their mouths.

OR it'd be pure disastrous if you arranged to meet up and got yourself murdered like a big eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Aw jeez... I hate when people say "I'm in a relationship with a Boardsie" all mysteriously... and don't reveal who it is. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

LambsEye wrote: »
    I'd be scared of arranging to meet someone and them turning up with a cod eye or being one of those awful people who's tongues don't seem to fit in their mouths.

OR it'd be pure disastrous if you arranged to meet up and got yourself murdered like a big eejit.

It wouldn't have to be a blind date type situation, you can get to know someone really well on boards.
    Dudess wrote: »
    Aw jeez... I hate when people say "I'm in a relationship with a Boardsie" all mysteriously... and don't reveal who it is. :mad:

I'd tell ya but I'd have to kill them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Jazzy wrote: »
    i saw a whole load of them kissing at some boards beers. was like teh ol dishco back in the day

must get myself to one of these shindigs :cool:

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »
    It wouldn't have to be a blind date type situation, you can get to know someone really well on boards.

Yeah definitely. But I'm shifty, always on the look out for potential "Me Getting Murdered" situations.

I actually can totally see how you'd start flirting on boards. I often imagine faces to go with people's posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

No, I don't think so anyway. I hate when your mates say you were flirting with someone and you weren't. Do people just see what they want???
    I have a lot of respect for Dudess though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm in a relationship with a Boardsie.

The mysterious...
    <hahadudess>

Yeah definitely. But I'm shifty, always on the look out for potential "Me Getting Murdered" situations.

I actually can totally see how you'd start flirting on boards. I often imagine faces to go with people's posts.

it's a well known fact people look the same as their avatars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I imagine all the guys of Boards look pretty similar to this guy anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's funny that I actually do. Actually so do you los, after a few drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Yuss!! :p

Boards should add a thingy like fb 'In a relationship with ..."
    Make it more interesting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

KeithM89 wrote: »

Noooo! I hate that on Facebook! I have no relationship status at all. The thought of ever having to change from 'In a relationship' to 'Single' just makes me sad. Breaking up is bad enough without broadcasting it all over the internet!

But I don't have an avatar. Does that mean I'm invisible? Do I exist? Have I been erased. Aaaaaagh

So I look like Mario then? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Mines a 70 year old woman. :confused:

No wonder I'm not getting any dates :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

No on both counts, and I've never really got immediately flirty PMs (albeit, a couple stalky ones :eek:) either. All just friendly stuff. :o

I imagine all the guys of Boards look pretty similar to this guy anyway
    It's funny that I actually do. Actually so do you los, after a few drinks

we are twins? :confused:

you is clearly in a relationship with yourself
    KeithM89 wrote: »

lawd no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yes but I doubt she noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭james098

no I have a life:D

• Advertisement

we are twins? :confused:

you is clearly in a relationship with yourself

lawd no!

alas I cant have me and my similar looking brother is taken. what's an ambiguous sex poster to do?

why not, got something to hide :pac:

Novella wrote: »
    Noooo! I hate that on Facebook! I have no relationship status at all. The thought of ever having to change from 'In a relationship' to 'Single' just makes me sad. Breaking up is bad enough without broadcasting it all over the internet!

Same. When my boyfriend and I broke up we had to devote about a half hour to the "Ok, well I'm going to change my facebook status in an hour, when are you changing yours?"

Now my shiz isn't on there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Waves

But I don't have an avatar. Does that mean I'm invisible? Do I exist? Have I been erased. Aaaaaagh

who said that >_>
    Karsini wrote: »
    So I look like Mario then? :P

sorry dude, you're not gona find any dinos to **** on boards
    Mines a 70 year old woman. :confused:

No wonder I'm not getting any dates :(

yours is a woman, that's all the long-term users will see, god bless their eyesight :pac:
    james098 wrote: »
    no I have a life:D

just not a gf?

Waves
    sup baby blue ;)
    Same. When my boyfriend and I broke up we had to devote about a half hour to the "Ok, well I'm going to change my facebook status in an hour, when are you changing yours?"

Now my shiz isn't on there.

Ah no thats ok, then loads of people that want you 'like' it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

hey sheilababy, fancy the shift?
    ;)

I was wrapping it up and sending it over:eek:, no need for hoeisim.:p

When does this turn into a sexy party?

Actually, everyone should describe what they look like in three words. Just so we know what we're dealing with here!

alas I cant have me and my similar looking brother is taken. what's an ambiguous sex poster to do?

why not, got something to hide :pac:

should probably think about starting your own forum where people of all sexes can flirt with you

just an idear

nothing to hide, it's just a bit cringey and can come back to haunt you

When does this turn into a sexy party?

Actually, everyone should describe what they look like in three words. Just so we know what we're dealing with here!

green, rabbit, evil

• Advertisement

*wishes really hard s/he had a forum and we were in it*

it will

Advertisement