Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiagra Brake Blocks

• 16-01-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Lo All,
    I have the standard brake blocks that came with the Tiagra groupset and they can now be described as a bit vague on decents. Can anyone recommend a decent set of blocks that will work well with the Tiagra brakes and alloy rims.

Thanks in advance

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

I have Dura Ace blocks fitted to my Tiagra brakes, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17527 once you have the shoes it's a case of replacing the pads in the future.

I'm happy enough with the performance, which is a marked improvement over Tiagra blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭enoonan

Thanks lescol.
    Was looking at those but didn't know if they would work with Tiagra.

Thanks again

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭markdrayton

IMHO Swissstop green pads are the business -- make less mess and work really well, especially in the wet. You'll need to swap to removable cartridge pad shoes though (think Swissstop do them separately).

Replacing dirty brake cables can also make a surprising difference to braking performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭enoonan

Thanks Mark.
    I have new cables on the bike. Those swissstop pads sound good. Must look into them also.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

+1 for the swisstops.

changed my tiagra brakes dramatically, a worthwhile investment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Glad I found this thread as planning to change bread blocks this week. Swisstop green it is. Anyone suggest good bread (and gear) cable that will work with 105 group?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

+3 on the swissstop greens - massive improvement over stock brake pads. Think of them as an upgrade to your brakes as opposed to replacements for your pads.

Re cables - if you're willing to throw some money at them Gore Ride On sealed cables are a fit and forget affair. That said most cables you'll find on places like CRC will be suitable with 105.

There's actually a good price on both SRAM Flak Jacket gear and brake cable sets on CRC at the moment...

Advertisement