Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much in 1 piece??

Options
  • 16-01-2011 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Have an idea for a new bit of artwork and would like a few opinions/ideas on the concept. I think i might be trying to fit too much into a small piece as well so any taught's would be really appreciated.

What i'm thinking of doing is similar in shape to the upper piece in the pic below but starting at my wrist and about 2-3 inches long.

draft_lens3462572module22834272photo_1237919893people-tattooo-Fotolia_2207293_XS.jpg

I want it to be a celtic style piece,negative spaced & contain the quote "Stand Up And Fight".

The image below is the kind of style and look i'm going for
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1p9lx8H6Jrpf_5Ayfe3Za8OriwBHnmCSx-bIWe9vIvYEA-77A

Any ideas or opinions welcome :D

Thanks
    Clohane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Personally I tihnk any kind of text would take away from that piece. Just my opinion though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'd leave the text out if I were you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

A quote would take away from it unless you could work the quote in as part of the design, which could be tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LauraLeeConboy

Or you could get the quote in white ink if it was something that was personal to you. I have white ink on my most recent tattoo and it looks amazing.
    You should go and have a chat with the artist and see what they say. If it's a good artist they won't do it if it's going to look crap.
    Get someone that is good at black/white designs especially. Phil in Connected is great and also Paul who has now moved to Crazy Cats in Ballyfermot. If not them, Remis in Prime (Who's work is just generally great!)
    But if it's something that's very personal to you and it means so much you want it there for life, then I wouldn't personally worry about other peoples view/opinions on it. Just make sure you get it for the right reasons and have a good think about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

A quote would take away from it unless you could work the quote in as part of the design, which could be tricky.

Thats what i was kinda thinking too, but cant think how to integrate it :o
    But if it's something that's very personal to you and it means so much you want it there for life, then I wouldn't personally worry about other peoples view/opinions on it. Just make sure you get it for the right reasons and have a good think about it!

Its not so personal that i'd compromise the rest of the design to have it in there but it'd be nice if i could work it in someway

I should also point out that this will form a sleeve whenever i figure out exactly what i want in the middle :D Top 1/3 is finished, this will be the end and the middle will combine the 2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Clohane wrote: »
    Thats what i was kinda thinking too, but cant think how to integrate it :o

You don't have to worry about that detail necessarily. A good artist should be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

You don't have to worry about that detail necessarily. A good artist should be able to help you.

A good artist will help me!, I make sure to get my monies worth :D

I just feel like a bit of a fool going into a tattoo studio without a decent idea of what the overall piece will look like.

For the top half of my arm i went in knowing what details i wanted and a rough sketch of how it would look, The artist worked his magic then and i love how it turned out (Looks at arm grinning) :D

Advertisement