Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Rapid Revision French Book-Cian Hogan*

• 16-01-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Was considering buying this book for LC HL French. Just looking for opinions on the book and the "10 week revision programme". Is it practical? Is it a good book?. All replies welcome. (Reason for posting thread as I don't want to waste my money).

Thanks.. :)

P.S If anyone has RR Geography can you also tell me whats it like! Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Bought it last year and apart from using it the odd time for verb formations (like a reference book) I hardly used it. Started last night though. It's very good so far!

I'd say get it..! Make sure you make yourself so the sections every week though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Bought it last year and apart from using it the odd time for verb formations (like a reference book) I hardly used it. Started last night though. It's very good so far!

I'd say get it..! Make sure you make yourself so the sections every week though!
    Thanks! Do you mind me asking what sections is it divided into?. I mean like what section do you focus on in week 1, 2, 3 etc. Do you think it would boost your grade in French if you studied it properly?. Thanks for the speedy reply btw!

It is broken into the 10 weeks and then each week has different sections (usually 4 45mins but I think some may be 3 hour long sections, always 3 hours worth though). Each section covers a different topic. Like Week 1 is Present Tense Regular, then Irregular and a few little bits, then Oral and lastly Informal Letter.

Last night's section was supposed to be 45 minutes but it was basically learning the regular endings (e, es, e etc..). Did another section this morning, which was the irregular of Aller, Avoir and Etre and then the Depuis Construction and some other few bits. It seems simply but it works from the basics through to hard stuff at the end.

Haha, i'm just on a rant now..! :L

It is broken into the 10 weeks and then each week has different sections (usually 4 45mins but I think some may be 3 hour long sections, always 3 hours worth though). Each section covers a different topic. Like Week 1 is Present Tense Regular, then Irregular and a few little bits, then Oral and lastly Informal Letter.

Last night's section was supposed to be 45 minutes but it was basically learning the regular endings (e, es, e etc..). Did another section this morning, which was the irregular of Aller, Avoir and Etre and then the Depuis Construction and some other few bits. It seems simply but it works from the basics through to hard stuff at the end.

Haha, i'm just on a rant now..! :L
    No problem continue ranting! Regular verbs are probably my best asset in French. My teacher has an amazing way of sticking them in your head using raps/songs/music. I can put any verb into the present, passe compose, imparfait, future proche, future simple and conditional straight away!. I can't understand reflexives at all.. Does it do opinion questions and listening?.

It doesn't do aural but yeah it does everything else. I haven't look that much through the future weeks so I don't know the extent of the vocabulary for the different topics!

• Advertisement

THANKS SO MUCH!

Advertisement