Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else find vodafone brutal slow??

• 16-01-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭

This is mine on a 7.6mb package
    It has been like this now for a while.
    Used to be always excellent bar the odd time it would slow but only for a couple of hours or so.
    This time I am seeing no speed up

1114325256.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

Hi,

is that with Vodafones wireless packs or ADSL?

If wireless which pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

My vodafone mobile broadband has gone dog slow too since the beginning of december, or there abouts, in the north kildare area. I sent them an e-mail to let them know how useless it had become, and they replied to tell me that all their local cells were working fine. I didn't find that much help and will be changing my provider soon, once the contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gunny

Im on ADSL and I may aswell be back on dial up its that slow. I spoke with a techi at Vodafone and he harped on about lightening strikes around christmas messing up everything, and their working on it . Mine goes down about 3 or 4 times a day and I can forget about trying to watch anything on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

I found mine the same when i had it so slow. and a total waste of time and also a complete rip off make you laugh when you see the adverts for them.
    i put mine in the bin were they all belong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,566 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ADSL 7.6mb package

Funny thing is.
    I was on a package from them with no talktime included.
    I rang them before christmas and changed to BB&Talk anytime..About 2 weeks later my speeds went downhill and never went back to where I had for years before..
    Strange you think?:confused:

New test just now
    1114529071.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

gunny wrote: »
    Im on ADSL and I may aswell be back on dial up its that slow. I spoke with a techi at Vodafone and he harped on about lightening strikes around christmas messing up everything, and their working on it . Mine goes down about 3 or 4 times a day and I can forget about trying to watch anything on youtube.

Try telling them that a lightening strike hit your wallet and has slowed down your payment of their bill and see what sort of a reception they would give that!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ecallan

Hi

My Vodafone at Home broadband is slow also.

1124447447.png

Living in Churchtown, Dublin, using Zyxel 623R-T1 wired router.

Its a real pain.

Eugene

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭annoyingbeast

Yeah mines even slower than that, has been for about 6months, its pissing me off, i rang them , but they havent done ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭weisses

Just post this on the Vodafone thread on boards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

Maybe the reps there can help you all out ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

About 9 or 10 days ago our Vodafone broadband suddenly slowed down and started disconnecting frequently. When I plugged in a handset (line is normally just used for DSL, Fax and eircom watch) I heard a few crackles on the line. Rang 1901 and Eircom had a completly automated (via voice recognition) procedure for performing tests on a line experiencing interference. A couple of minutes later, I checked the line and found the crackling noises had gone and broadband was back working as before. Not sure if this info is of use to anyone but thought it was worth mentioning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement