Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell battery stateside wont charge

• 16-01-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

So my battery on my dell inspiron was not charging anymore because it was too old, I am in north america so I replaced the battery with one I both here, but low and behold after a week of running well it will not charge now either even though it is not now showing as an error or a problem as before, is this something to do with the fact that the plugs are 110 not 220v over here, do i have to buy an american dell charger as well or would the transformer part of the charger just need to be replaced, I fear that if I invest in an american dell charger that it will fry my lap top altogether

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Look at the AC adapter, the 'brick' that has the mains lead running into it, it should say something like 100-240V for input in which case it will work anywhere. These days all laptop AC adapters are multivoltage. Are you sure you purchased the correct model battery for your laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm just back from a trip to Vegas and I had my ACER Netbook with me. I had a similar problem. The Netbook would charge and then stop, if I plugged it out and in again it might charge or sometimes it would show no power.

It was hit and miss as to weather it would charge or not when plugged into 110vac. It's a brand new Netbook with a voltage brick of 110 - 240 & I never had issues with it charging in Ireland. Since I returned home it's been charging fine :confused:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Billy7878

ye its the right kind of battery from what I can tell right shape size, voltage, ampage might be different, its just not a dell battery as they are not available in the shop yada yada but the guy in the shop siad this is the one they sell for my model of lap top....hopefully when I bring it home it will work on the 220v

Advertisement