Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i have my provisional licence for two years next march.what happens then

• 16-01-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

what happens after 2 years with your provisional and without your full licence. I heard i have to do the provisional again. If i apply for the full will that mean i wont have to do the provisional again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The provisional licence is no longer issued & has been replaced with the Learner Permit.

You don't need to sit the theory test again if you have already sat it.

And finally, you won't be able to apply for a full licence if you haven't passed your driving test & in order to sit it, you will need a current & valid Permit or Provisional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If you don't renew it until 5 years later you will have to resit the theory test again. After two years of your first provisional/learner permit all you need to do is go to the motor tax office and apply for your second learner permit once your first one expires. Safe driving OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

In order to get a new learner permit you need to apply for your test and pay the fee for it. Then go to tax office with the comfirmation of application for test and all the other bits and they'll guive you a new permit for 1 year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    In order to get a new learner permit you need to apply for your test and pay the fee for it. Then go to tax office with the comfirmation of application for test and all the other bits and they'll guive you a new permit for 1 year

This is only the case if you are applying for a 3rd or subsequent learner permit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

This is only the case if you are applying for a 3rd or subsequent learner permit.
    my bad, i thought they changed the rules about that when they changed provo licence to learner permit. i stand corrected

Advertisement