Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fiamma F45

• 16-01-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i just mounted this to my new camper and have a question. u know the way it only takes 3 screws to remove it does anyone use some kind of a lock for it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I should be bolted on , not screwed , when I'm fitting them new , there's a 5mm bolt and nut for each bracket , I always put the nut on top , so the awning closes and covers over it. Or you couldput a couple of pop-rivets in the "spare" holes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

You could use security torx or similar

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M6-x-20-Security-button-head-screw-tamperproof-torx-x10-/250756291462?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item3a623d5b86

But to be honest if someones really wants it they can always use a hacksaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I should be bolted on , not screwed , when I'm fitting them new , there's a 5mm bolt and nut for each bracket , I always put the nut on top , so the awning closes and covers over it. Or you couldput a couple of pop-rivets in the "spare" holes .

Perhaps the OP was referring the screws which are supplied to fix the awning itself to the mounting brackets which are themselves bolted to the side wall or roof depending on the roof/wall profile.

If the OP has concerns perhaps using anti-tamper screws in place of those supplied might resolve the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I've never considered any form of lock for mine, I just used the bolts supplied with the nut at the bottom. Aidan's idea of placing the nut above make sense and would make it more of a hastle to remove. Pop revet idea is good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Cheers lads. I like the idea of that 5mm bolt I'll pick some up later on in the week now I just have to figure out the whole leisure battery madness

• Advertisement

niloc1951 wrote: »
    Perhaps the OP was referring the screws which are supplied to fix the awning itself to the mounting brackets which are themselves bolted to the side wall or roof depending on the roof/wall profile.

Wouldn't think so? Fiamma F45 brackets are always 2 bolts per bracket , and the nuts go inside , so you'd have to break into the camper to open them :D!

Agree with you on the tamper proof screws though.

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Cheers lads. I like the idea of that 5mm bolt I'll pick some up later on in the week now I just have to figure out the whole leisure battery madness

Whats holding it on at the mo? if you send me your address I'll stick 3 of the standard Fiamma screws and nuts in an envelope to you , if you like.
    They're stainless steel , so won't rust. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Whats holding it on at the mo? if you send me your address I'll stick 3 of the standard Fiamma screws and nuts in an envelope to you , if you like.
    They're stainless steel , so won't rust. ;)

Fiamma

Hi it was just held in by 3 normal screws

sent off in the post to you there this evening.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi it was just held in by 3 normal screws

Sounds like my friends camper but at least they used tek screws .. for everything!:eek:
    Aidan_M_M wrote:
    sent off in the post to you there this evening.

:eek: You'll be getting begging letters now Aidan :p

• Advertisement

paddyp wrote: »
    Sounds like my friends camper but at least they used tek screws .. for everything!:eek:

:eek: You'll be getting begging letters now Aidan :p

Haha They're coming already!

feck it, I like helping people.:)

Advertisement