Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen Party in Cork City

Options
  • 16-01-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    so my sister has decided she wants her hen party in cork. Now she knows where she wants dinner (Scoozis) and most likely where she wants to stay (the Clarion). However I'm just wondering, where would be a good choice for bars/clubs?? Now i live in cork but I'm more of the Crane Lane/Quad kinda gal where she would be more into pop music/girlie type of place. Any suggestions?? Also are there places that wont accept hen partys at all? We won't have ridiculous tacky sh!te but a sash and maybe some badges and stuff. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!! :D:D

Comments

Soho seem Hen friendly, so too Long Island. Dunno about clubs to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi, first off had dinner in scoozis today and it was awful.
    Anyway if they are travelling to Cork for the hen, you should check out henparties.ie, they have good packages for 99e each, hotel and dinner and stuff. We are booking my sisters hen with them. I am not affiliated with this website.
    The old oak, soho, the bailey, classic, reardans almost all bars love hens, its stags they dont like.;)

Its actually HENPARTY.IE

Long Island are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery Hen friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ZARCROF

We are also trying to organise my hen weekend in Cork. Has anyone used the €99 for 2 nights plus dinner plus nightclub entry plus dance class? it all seems too good to be true. there should roughly be 15 ish in our group so if any of you have any ideas please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Cadyboo wrote: »
    first off had dinner in scoozis today and it was awful.
    That doesn't sound good... but thats where she wants it! :rolleyes: I'm emailing to find out more bout that 99euro package deal. Thanks :D

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Any more from anyone? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I'v never had a bad meal in Scoozi's. They cater for birthdays?hens etc. Also some great bars around the area The Oak, Crane Lane, Scotts, The Ovens etc. Enjoy.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

roundymac wrote: »
    I'v never had a bad meal in Scoozi's. They cater for birthdays?hens etc. Also some great bars around the area The Oak, Crane Lane, Scotts, The Ovens etc. Enjoy.:rolleyes:

I agree - never had a bad meal there either and there are plenty of pubs around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I'v never had a bad meal in Scoozi's.

Me neither and Iv been going there for years and years, The food is always spot on and declicious! Staff are really friendly too which is a plus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

RoverJames wrote: »
    Long Island are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery Hen friendly.

they're friendly to anyone willing to pay celtic tiger prices for some Lidl fruit juice with a droppeen of cheap vodka

they're friendly to anyone willing to pay celtic tiger prices for some Lidl fruit juice with a droppeen of cheap vodka

In fairness making a cocktail is quite time consuming, that's what you pay for, they're not throwing razza into the vodka :pac:
    I was asked to leave their one night as a "lady" from a hen night alleged to the bouncer (the huge 8 foot tall dude) that I had been rude to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

RoverJames wrote: »
    In fairness making a cocktail is quite time consuming, that's what you pay for, they're not throwing razza into the vodka :pac:
    I was asked to leave their one night as a "lady" from a hen night alleged to the bouncer (the huge 8 foot tall dude) that I had been rude to her.

If that's what they call cocktails, I am not impressed. They make shocking drinks. Not just alcohol content either, drinks I usually love were ruined by then. Simple stuff like a sex on the beach! Would avoid there. And at that, the glasses they serve drinks in are slightly smaller than standard size with slightly thicker glass as far as I can tell. All to give the illusion you have more! Wasn't impressed when I was dragged there! :mad:

OP, maybe book the private area of SoHo? They seem friendly enough in there and don't skimp with the drinks. Or maybe Reardens? Much as the crowd isn't my scene, as with SoHo actually, it's pretty OK in there I have to admit begrudgingly. Bit dark and music too loud, but the drinks are good and there are enough people to have fun.

murphym7 wrote: »
    I agree - never had a bad meal there either and there are plenty of pubs around.
    Me neither and Iv been going there for years and years, The food is always spot on and declicious! Staff are really friendly too which is a plus :)
    ok well at least its good to here that the food shouldn't be too bad! i've being there once or twice myself and i found it lovely! thanks :D
    If that's what they call cocktails, I am not impressed. They make shocking drinks. Not just alcohol content either, drinks I usually love were ruined by then. Simple stuff like a sex on the beach! Would avoid there. And at that, the glasses they serve drinks in are slightly smaller than standard size with slightly thicker glass as far as I can tell. All to give the illusion you have more! Wasn't impressed when I was dragged there! :mad:

OP, maybe book the private area of SoHo? They seem friendly enough in there and don't skimp with the drinks. Or maybe Reardens? Much as the crowd isn't my scene, as with SoHo actually, it's pretty OK in there I have to admit begrudgingly. Bit dark and music too loud, but the drinks are good and there are enough people to have fun.
    I really really hate Long Island so I wouldn't be going there anyway!! :) but thanks for the suggestion on soho.. was thinking of that myself.

So now that i have ideas for where to have drinks... any ideas for hotels?? i'm looking for somewhere reasonable and somewhat central. I am gonna milk the hell of this thread! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

murphym7 wrote: »

I have found it good normally. But were you there last Sunday??? Huh?? :D:D When it was awful?? Love the staff, love the atmosphere but last Sunday was not impressed, it was like the food had been re heated.

OP, did you find out about the Cork package, if so what hotel was in it? Im dying to know. Have booked ours and am so happy.
    If there are a group of people going to be staying in a hotel, Id sell it to them. I was enquiring about hotels for my sisters and got a great discount for group booking, threw in breakfast in all, so chance your arm. (in the end I went for package) And if it is worth it, Id go to River Lee hotel, its gorgeous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I was gona say the river lee too and the clarion.

I only had one bad experience in scoozi's. It was as though they avoided our table for a very long time. a few waitresses had walked past, looked at the table and went on. was there for ages just waiting for them to clear the table for deserts!!! they never did so left.

Told myself i'd never go there again but I did :rolleyes:

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I have found it good normally. But were you there last Sunday??? Huh?? :D:D When it was awful?? Love the staff, love the atmosphere but last Sunday was not impressed, it was like the food had been re heated.

OP, did you find out about the Cork package, if so what hotel was in it? Im dying to know. Have booked ours and am so happy.
    If there are a group of people going to be staying in a hotel, Id sell it to them. I was enquiring about hotels for my sisters and got a great discount for group booking, threw in breakfast in all, so chance your arm. (in the end I went for package) And if it is worth it, Id go to River Lee hotel, its gorgeous!!
    so the package is as follows.
    Hotel=Montenotte Hotel
    Food=Fenns Quay
    Pub=An Bodran
    Club=Club Classic
    And the salsa class is with Cork Dance Studios

Hope that helps! :)
    I was gona say the river lee too and the clarion.
    ok great i was definately thinking about the clarion but i'll look into the river lee too. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

No point just sitting there, if your not getting proper service, complain, and if they are still ignoring you refuse to pay.:mad:

Advertisement