Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier Broadband/Alphawave router issue

Options
  • 16-01-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Folks,

I have an edimax EW-7209APg wireless AP/ 5 Port switch.

My problem is i Cannot get access to the configuration page when i enter in the ip address of 192.168.2.1

Does anyone know if premierbroadband/alphawave, they appear to be one company nowadays do they change the settings of these routers and fail to inform customers of their unique settings.

I have tried resetting the router by holding the reset button for more than 4 and 10 seconds.

I still cannot get into the router configuration page.

Any insight would be very grateful.

Regards

Eamon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Start >> Run >> type cmd then enter, type "ipconfig /all" in the command prompt window
    The ip of the router will be listed as the gateway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

As far as I know, they'd have the switch/AP in bridge mode and the CPE on your roof is doing the routing. CPE is most likely 192.168.1.1 so the switch/AP must be somewhere in 192.168.1.x , maybe try an IP scanner to find it.

Advertisement