Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel Price Fixing In Castlebar

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

Charlestown Yesterday.
    Garage 1- 150.9
    Garage 2- 150.9
    Garage 3- 151.9

Charlestown Today.
    All 3 garages- 153.9

Overnight! Wow what a coincidence!:/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

James2693 wrote: »
    Charlestown Yesterday.
    Garage 1- 150.9
    Garage 2- 150.9
    Garage 3- 151.9

Charlestown Today.
    All 3 garages- 153.9

Overnight! Wow what a coincidence!:/

what fuel companies are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

irishgeo wrote: »
    what fuel companies are they?

One is topaz, the other 2 are just independent ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Check out this website,
    www.pumps.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Tesco in Claremorris seem to be the cheapest 1.42 for diesel was 1.39 last week which seemed to be the cheapest in the country.

Pays to shop around these days, could easily be paying 10 cent a litre more in some places!

• Advertisement

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Check out this website,
    www.pumps.ie

As far as I know all those topaz garages in castlebar are owned by the same guy. Not surprising then to see the prices for both petrol and diesel are identical. Some competition would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    As far as I know all those topaz garages in castlebar are owned by the same guy. Not surprising then to see the prices for both petrol and diesel are identical. Some competition would be nice.

we need to keep the prices in mayo updated.

i go claremorris to castlebar everyday so i can do the corrib oil, and cathal duffys and topaz on claremorris rd, as well as tesco claremorris and a few more around the town.

so who can cover the other ones in castlebar?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

As far as I know all those topaz garages in castlebar are owned by the same guy.
    I'm pretty certain you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Tesco in Claremorris seem to be the cheapest 1.42 for diesel was 1.39 last week which seemed to be the cheapest in the country.

Pays to shop around these days, could easily be paying 10 cent a litre more in some places!

Tesco Fuel is pish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Tesco Fuel is pish.

?
    What do you base that claim on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

kippy wrote: »
    ?
    What do you base that claim on?

BBC Article From a few years back.

It's inferior grade to Topaz,Maxol,Esso. I wouldn't put it in my car.

BBC Article From a few years back.

It's inferior grade to Topaz,Maxol,Esso. I wouldn't put it in my car.

Meh thats simply nonsense made up by the huge oil controlling companies who want to make huge profits on fuel and dont want a retail company taking market share from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tommi78

Meh thats simply nonsense made up by the huge oil controlling companies who want to make huge profits on fuel and dont want a retail company taking market share from them.

Sorry have too agree with "youtookmyname" my brother worked in a refinery in england a couple of years ago.... the top grade fuel goes to topaz texaco etc the lower grade or as he called it the dreggs went to the likes of tesco morrisons etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

the filling station at cathal duffys garage is fairly cheap! 2c cheaper than robinsons!
    i think they plan to extend the forecourt and keep the price low, going on quantity of sales.

Advertisement