Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A4 ignition coil

• 16-01-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a 2002 A4 2.0 petrol. The car is very chuggy and the engine management light flashes when i'm driving. it happened about a month ago and i brought it to a garage and i was told the ignition coil was broken. The mechanic replaced it and it cost me €120, which sounds very expensive for what only took him a few minutes. Is changing a coil something i could do myself? If so, where could i buy these coils? Do they have to be Audi specific coils?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Coil packs for these cars are not Audi-specific items, they are generally manufactured by Bosch or one of the other major automotive parts manufacturers. Otto or one of the motor-factors supplying parts for German cars should have compatible coil-packs ex-stock for €30/40 each.

It's an easy DIY job. There should be how-to guides on some of the Audi forums (www.audiworld.com, www.audi-diy.com, etc.)

You'll probably need your car's engine-code / VIN to ensure you get the right part from a supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

GSF Carparts sell them locally, they're about eur33 each.

5 minute job to replace, but you would have needed to find out which of the four coils was bad - easy enough.

Advertisement