Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravan Site Rates, Wexford

Options
  • 16-01-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    I am looking to buy a mobile home in a holiday caravan park in Wexford, would anyone know approx yearly rates for a site? seems hard to get any figures.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 HannahDunne

I have a touring caravan on site in permenant position and pay €1800 for the season. The mobiles there cost €2000 i think!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

It can vary widely, my in-laws were paying €1,800 for a caravan park in Blackwater, my sister is paying €2,500 for one in Rosslare.
    This includes free refuse collection, grass cutting & a nominal ESB payment.
    Trouble is the caravan park owner can insist that you upgrade every 5 to 10 years but you have to buy from them, it's a bit of a scam.

My in-laws have since bought a private site overlooking the sea, we've put 2 mobiles on it to serve the extended family.
    It helps to know some of the local farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 vin6599

Hi, We visited Prospect Park, beautiful place but were put off when we were told our parents (who are all retired) or family could not use the Mobile if we were not with them?? It would be nice for my Sister and brother in law and kids or parents to be able to use it if we are not down. I completly understand if it we wanted to rent it to strangers but that's not what we wanted. Haven't bought anywhere...yet!! really liked Morriscastle but no availability:( Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15 vin6599

Each to their own i guess, we have a very closely knit famaily, so we would really not get any pleasure in telling them they can't use the mobile,
    especially if it was not being used. Would have no problem telling neighbours it can't be used!! I totally agree with the strangers end of things, i have one sister and my wife has one brother....so i doubt they'd be strangers for that long. As i said, we really liked the place but rules like that are not for us....enjoy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I think the dearest one is jacks hole and is around 10k per year so less than that anyway.
    Look up threads on aam about these places, they don't seem like vfm at all and reports of extortion crazy rules etc. Better off with a nice holiday home if you have the cash

Take rabidlambs advice if you can

• Advertisement
Advertisement