Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slating someones business

Options
  • 16-01-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Can't beleive that someone is allowed to openly slate someone else's business on the grounds of something that was written in the Daily Mail:eek:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056143859

Would like to see the thread pulled
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Its fair comment, deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Did you report the post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

rodento wrote: »
    Can't beleive that someone is allowed to openly slate someone else's business on the grounds of something that was written in the Daily Mail:eek:
    Er... I can. It was already published, even if it was a rag that published it. It's only "someone else's business" (and I presume by that you mean personal, private business) if the details were published here for the first time with nothing to back them up.
    Can't see what's so unbelievable or :eek: about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

jd007 wrote: »
    Did you report the post?

Yup

The guys been good to surfers for years

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

But its another website slating the company not somebody on boards.ie, how is this boards fault?

For clarity sake rodento, do you own or perhaps have any relationship with the business in question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Na i'm just a surfer who thinks that the thread with links attached is more than a bit harsh. The guy lives in another country and as such can be a easy target.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Yes, the link is harsh, I think it was trashy journalism and it makes for unpleasant reading. But as I explained in my PM to you, I didn't remove the post because those reasons aren't good enough to do that. If it was some guy's blog just talking trash I would have removed it. But I can't really take issue with someone posting links to articles that were published in a mainstream newspaper (not that I'm a fan of the Daily Mail by any means).

Advertisement