Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When is Desperate Housewives returning to RTE2?

• 16-01-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

I remember just before the Christmas,it took a two week break. It's now been longer than two weeks and there's no sign of it coming back to RTE 2! :confused: I know the series has not finished because various TV magazines have said the season finale is later this month,and also this series is still being shown in America. So does anyone know when it's back? I really miss it! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I think its back on Tuesday night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

hey guys i just e-mailed RTE to ask when desperate housewives was returning to RTE2 and there reply was:
    Thank you for your mail.

We don't have a return date at this time for the new series of Desperate Housewives.

Kind regards

RTÉ Information

Looks like it wont be back for quite a while :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,866 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thank you for your email.

Desperate Housewives will be back on RTÉ Two on Tuesday 7th February at 21.55.

Best wishes,

Mary Creely
    RTÉ Information

Reply from RTE ;)

When did you get that e-mail JP - Liz?

blondie7 wrote: »
    When did you get that e-mail JP - Liz?

Friday the 21st of January

• Advertisement

thats strange as i only got that reply from the same person this morning

blondie7 wrote: »
    thats strange as i only got that reply from the same person this morning

Thats RTE for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Daryl92

The 7th of February is on a Monday, not Tuesday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

It's still not back! Guess that last ep before the Christmas must've been the end of this series :(

No,am reading episode listing online and its not...

• Advertisement

ICA Bootcamp finished last night so I assumed DH would take it's place on Tuesdays at 9.55pm

Ah,maybe you're right!better be adverts coming on for it now!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fashionlady

sorry to disappoint but just see there on tv guide greys is a double episode so no return next wk hopefully the week after!!!

I emailed RTE again and it looks like what they sent me first was wrong :mad:

You gota b ****tin me? COME ON WITH THE SHOW!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

Daryl92 wrote: »
    You gota b ****tin me? COME ON WITH THE SHOW!! :(

IA What is the deal? They said it would take a break for christmas! I miss it!!!
    I've been checking the tv guides and nothing, if it was on next week they would advertise surely.
    Did they take a break stateside? and we can't catch up?

serenacat wrote: »
    IA What is the deal? They said it would take a break for christmas! I miss it!!!
    I've been checking the tv guides and nothing, if it was on next week they would advertise surely.
    Did they take a break stateside? and we can't catch up?

It started back on ABC in the US on the 2nd of January 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭pooch90

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It started back on ABC in the US on the 2nd of January 2011

They've only actually aired 3 since then, last one being on 16th/1. It will return to US this coming Sunday night 13/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

double ep of Greys on Tues night so not back this week either :( Hopefully next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

They should at least inform us when its on! RTe2 grr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I think it'll be on when Greys finishes, which would explain all the double episodes? It seems like they're trying to get rid of it for the Housewives. :cool:

I seen in the new rte guide that it is back on 1st of March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

At last......:D

Desperate Housewives returns to RTE 2 Tuesday 1st March!! :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

Is this a new season or was there a couple left of last season's to show??

culsoh wrote: »
    Is this a new season or was there a couple left of last season's to show??

It is rest of Season 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I can't wait for it to come back :D Someone told me who killed Paul Young though :( I really didn't want to know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Saw the ad on RTE there, next Tuesday. :)

I can barely remember what happened in the last episode its been so long :mad: am really looking forward to Tuesday nights again tho :D

• Advertisement

I doubt Paul is actually dead!i think he'll live...but i have no idea who it could be and don't wanna know!! :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I honestly think they should give up the ghost on this show.Brie is 50 yes 50 and her face is so botoxed it looks like a babies ass.
    the only one they didnt botox this season is Susan cos shes sick and all that.Plus did you see her mother ,ah couldnt have been more than ten years older than her ,not that you can tell with all the ,guess what ,botox.
    In saying that Gabby is quite possibly the most stunning woman ,ever .The rest of them are nothing next to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Ya but Bree is still unreal...

Eva Longoria is way better looking hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Wondering if there is repeat on TV??? :confused: RTE's online player is no good for me because it doesn't have subtitles!

I think its repeated one night late .like most of the other shows .Look it up on the RTe website

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    Eva Longoria is way better looking hello.
    Ya i know that but the red hair of Bree. What I would do to Gabrielle, Bree, Susan, Edie (when she was there), Lynette, the gangster one and the one of had sex with Tom (cant think of her name now) is unheard of.

Vanessa Williams youre on about.Shes stunning ,she was in Uglybetty too.
    The one thing I like about her is she actually has curves and has had no botox ,shes just naturally beautiful .I hate women too thin ,it gives bad example to others.

Vanessa Williams youre on about.Shes stunning ,she was in Uglybetty too.
    The one thing I like about her is she actually has curves and has had no botox ,shes just naturally beautiful .I hate women too thin ,it gives bad example to others.
    Ya unreal..would love to see Tom have an affair with and see a bit more of her..without clothes basically..

I love Vennessa Williams clothes.I remember her in Ugly Betty and they were luscious in that too.I have a curvy figure too ,would love everything she owns.Obviously I dont look like her but you know what I mean.
    How come the rest look brutal compared to her ? I know Eva Longoria looks amazing in everything but her clothes still arent as nice.

I love Vennessa Williams clothes.I remember her in Ugly Betty and they were luscious in that too.I have a curvy figure too ,would love everything she owns.Obviously I dont look like her but you know what I mean.
    How come the rest look brutal compared to her ? I know Eva Longoria looks amazing in everything but her clothes still arent as nice.
    Are you basically saying as a woman you would or am I picking you up wrong. She is amazing.

• Advertisement

No I mean I want her wardrode ,thats all .But ,yes , she is stunning.

Very little talk about this..what ye make of it at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Not great.......Think next week is the season finale or if not, it's the following week and there will be a murder.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭pooch90

Have watched the finale.
    It's grand.
    No more no less, just grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

pooch90 wrote: »
    Have watched the finale.
    It's grand.
    No more no less, just grand.

That sums up the last series, really. I wonder lately though, has the whole thing run it's course? I mean, the wild plot swings from series to series grate more and more and it's very hard to suspend disbelief. As in, for example, Tom swings between gormless house husband to failed pizza parlour owner to super high powered executive making gazillions? Come on!

Not to mention the daft kid swap story line to explain Juanita Solis, daft because the other daughter is just as tubby! :confused:

Ah, shucks, maybe it all makes sense and I just can't see it!

Advertisement