Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf on TV?

Options
  • 16-01-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Folks,
    Anyone know if there are any programmes on TV covering surfing? Maybe something on one of the digital channels?

PS thanks for the radio doc's posted.

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Good question but I think the lack of replies means there is very little on the tv channels we get. Extreme Sports channel used to have it but i havnt seen any surfing on it in ages.

Anyone else out there know more?

Prob best sticking to the laptop or trying to hook laptop to your tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Point break is on bbc1 on friday night.

Sorry, I had to say it!

ON a more serious note though I've seen some surfing documentaries on sky. Not one of the normal channels but one up between 180 - 200. You have to look out for them though and they're not on that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

There was a programme on Sky a while ago, Justin Lee Collins: Surfer. Was ok, it was JLC's progress in learning to surf over around 4 episodes and then enter a surf competition.

Other than that I've never seen anything else on TV...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

you would see it the odd time on the extreme sports channel and one of the sky sports channels.
    Best bet is to watch it online when the competitions are on, unless you want to watch docos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 osiri

Pipe Pro is being broadcast live online at the moment. Its one of the top QS events. The time difference means we can watch it in the evenings/at night in Ireland. Some good swell forecast and some decent surfers as well. Can be a bit slow but it builds the anticipation and when you see some of the wipeouts you really appreciate the skill involved in nailing a screamer out there.

http://www.ziulscores.com.edgesuite.net/volcom/live.html

http://www.volcompipepro.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

They usually have a surf report on eurosport during the pro tour season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Thanks a million for the information. I fell asleep while watching that. Very relaxing, although pipe is not something I'd like to do (logging rules!).

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach 2011 for Irish insomniacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sammer

check out www.aspworldtour.com and watch the 11 main surf events on each year on your laptop or else download the app and watch it on your ipad. Addictive!

• Advertisement
Advertisement