Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-refundable deposits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

rookie76 wrote: »
    What I am talking about, considering the time frame involved in the transaction, is goodwill, common decency and a bit of understanding.

You got goodwill and common decency in them offering you a credit note.

Where is your goodwill and common decency toward them. After all, you've already said that you'd probably never be buying off them again anyway, even before getting into the lack of refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rookie76

Thanks to all for your honest comments.

I realise that I may have sounded cheeky in my expectation that I should get a refund. Not everyone agreed with this view.
    This discussion has let me see it from the company's point of view, and I should have been more understanding to their situation and that credit was a fair offer as they did not have to offer anything.
    I emailed the salesman explaining that I appreciated their efforts to accomodate me with an offer of credit, and apologised for not honouring the contract I had agreed to.

To their upmost credit we received a letter and full refund today, staing that they would hope we would be able to do business in the future.
    This is proof that there are still good, decent people out there.

I am embarrassed that I did not fully apreciate their side of things and was just feeling sorry for myself and wanted my money back, even though it was my mistake in the first place.

Anyway, I have used this forum to vent my frustrations, but never argued with the company over their original stance, and did not identify their business here.
    This I am very glad of, as contrary to what I may have said earlier, I would have no problem doing business with them or recommending them, as I now know that the are an honourable, honest company which will look after there customers rather than hide behind policies and laws.
    I am very grateful to have got my money back, and I apologise to all of you for being a a bit of a hypocrite.

Advertisement