Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help quick with Desire.

• 16-01-2011 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi I installed ROM manager on my desire. I then flashed the clockworkmod recovery from the app. I then selected to backup the current rom. It seemed to do its thing but when it tries to reboot it only gets to the htc screen then turns off and does this over and over again.
    I have taken the battery out but it does the same again once i put it back in again. I have also cleared it from hboot mode but its still doing the same thing. How do I get it to reboot???
    Gav

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Can anyone help me I really need to get the phone working again and no luck so far???trying to flash leedroid onto it at present. should the file be a .zip on sd card(have this file at mo is this right: LeeDrOiD_2.3d_A2SD.zip.md5 do i just remove .md5 or is it wrong file?) and do i need to partition it first(not sure if can as phone not turning on)?
    Thanks
    Gavman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the file you need to flash with should be a zip file - i think the md5 is a hash of the download size (so you can verify that it downloaded correctly)

Hi Micro I have managed to get Leedroid installed on the phone now and its up and running thankfully. I also had my apps backed up so there all restored now. Does Leedroid rom take up alot of internal memory as I seem to have alot less now than I had with stock rom(35mb left at present)? I have moved most of my apps to the sd card aswell were possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

to use the A2SD+ with Leedroid you need to have an EXT3 partition on your SD Card. You can use RomManager to do this, but it will format your SD card before doing it so take a backup of the contents of the SD card, do the partition using Rom Manager, and then restore the contents of the SD card.

If you use RomManager to create a 512mb partition on your SD card then your internal memory usage on the phone should give you over 100mb free.

Hi Nedd
    So can I create the partition now even after I have flashed leedroid on the phone? Also do i take everything off the sd card when i go into it in disk drive mode and then just paste it all back on again after?
    Thanks
    Gavman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

yeah you can create the partition now. once you have the partition made if you move the apps to your phone under Settings they will actually be moved to this new partition. its very neat.

And yes, take a copy of everything off the SD card (in disk drive mode on your PC), make the partition, and then hook up to your PC in disk drive mode and copy it all back.

I had this exact problem the first time I installed a custom ROM. takes a little getting use to how it works. But now I chop and change between ROMs every other week.

Use RomManager to take a backup of your ROM before you try installing any other ROMs. then you will always have an option to go back if things go wrong, and they go wrong more than i would like.

Hi Nedd
    Thanks for all your help got it all finally sorted now have sd partitioned and have 115mb free on internal massive difference!! I take it now I cant install the htc updates over the air but should wait for leeddroid to release the update and flash it or it will be built into next rom?
    Thanks again
    Gav

Advertisement