Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking nokia 6700c from 3irl

Options
  • 16-01-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

hi guys im on a contract with 3irl its up in april and my phone is a nokia 6700c and want to get it unlocked i rang 3irl and got the mumbai call centre who told me i would have to pay my account up front to get it unlocked which is nearly 90euro told her no and what would happen if i rang back when my contract is up she told me it would cost nothing then so is she telling me lies or is this the way they operate thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

It'll be free if you upgrade, if not it'll be €27 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

well she told me that it would cost nothing filling me with lies me seems to think thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If its any help to you, I will be finishing my contract with Three in early Feb. I also have a Nokia 6700c from them. I will bung off an email to them next week requesting an unlock. I did that with another phone I had with them & they came back within 2 hours with an unlock code. I was not charged as that was an old phone I had with them. IIRC they unlocked the first phone I had from them for free, but I was extending my contract with them at that time.

I will update as things progress, if you can wait till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

cheers for will do thanks il keep an eye out for an update from ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Update. Bunged off an email to them this afternoon, thinking I might get an answer early next week. Got a call about an hour later from Cust Care. They could not have been nicer in the way they handled my request. And they nicely informed me that I would have to pay an administration charge of €25 to unlock the phone:). I questioned this but they were adamant. They explained if I was upgrading, the admin charge would be waived. I sighed and read out my cc details. Had it unlocked in another 10 mins. My last call from Mumbai for a while:):):)

Advertisement