Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best breakfast in KK?

Options
  • 16-01-2011 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

I have to be in KK on Tuesday morning and would like to get a breakfast/fry in the city centre at 900. Sausage, bacon, eggs, beans etc etc

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The biker breakfast in Eddie Rocket's isn't half bad. Not a complete rip-off either.

Otherwise, hit up the tea rooms on Kieran street, they do a nice fry in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

The bikers breakfast is top stuff, I heartily agree.

Would also recommend the full Irish in Esquires on High Street. It's 7.50 and you get the works. Haven't had a bad breakfast yet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

ive never been but i have heard great things about a breakfast in Billy Byrnes I have had Esquires, pretty good aswell.

If your not looking for a sit down meal and just have a sore head, you could do a lot worse than grabbing a breakfast roll from Dunnes Stores down Kieran Street/Bateman Quay

Just thinking I had breakfast one morning in a place on Gas house lane, cant remember what it was called though maybe someone here can. Was very nice and service was excellent!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

That'd be Foodworks. Yum.

+1 for Billy Byrnes actually yeah, it's good there.
    Never tried Esquires but their coffee is delightful so I might give that a whirl

I usually have the car and head to Marios out near loughboy (not the ciry centre so probably no good in the context of this thread), anyway, park at the door and wander in in fairness it's savage, proper rashers and the whole lot, you'd be struggling to finish it.

And their coffe is among the nicest in town. MUCH nicer than the tea rooms, coffee, which always seems to be burnt, luke warm and too small.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Rafters do a pretty decent morning after breakfast tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

I'd agree with Billy Byrnes for a sit-down breakfast. I'd stay away from dunnes for a roll tho. The only place in Kk for a good roll/sandwich is Bla Bla Bla by johns bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Ended up going to the tea rooms and was disappointed to be honest - no beans served with breakfast :( The "tower breakfast" had 2 sausages, 2 rashers, egg, potato farl, 2 white pudd and 1 black and included tea or coffee for €8 ..... but toast was extra???? wtf is that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Beans is a very british thing IMHO..... Then again, I'm not a huge fan.

Beans with a breakfast are just one more in a long long list of reasons why we would be better off under British rule.

Anyway tonc, I can't but feel somewhat responsible for your substandard breakfasting experience. I agree that the breakfast 'tower' is not very towering. It resembles something more like a post 9/11 world trade centre tower.

Someone should pen a note to Mssrs Langton and inform them that they have dropped the ball on this one, and that you demand a breakfast so towering that it would make Isambard Kingdom Brunel himself vomit with glee.

This is why I recommended Eddie's first and foremost.

Sorry anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I had a breakfast in The Pantry the other day and I have to say it was fabulous :p

There was also a lovely atmosphere I felt so relaxed.. definitely recommend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Slightly off-topic here but since when did black pudding stop being a standard part of one's breakfast? This is something I've noticed of late :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

Foodworks my first choice, matt the millers second choice for a savage breakfast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Can't believe nobody's mentioned a breakfast roll in Blaa Blaa Blaa's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

kkmick wrote: »
    The only place in Kk for a good roll/sandwich is Bla Bla Bla by johns bridge
    andyman wrote: »
    Can't believe nobody's mentioned a breakfast roll in Blaa Blaa Blaa's!!

They have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

greenfly wrote: »
    ive never been but i have heard great things about a breakfast in Billy Byrnes !

Monster breakfast is unreal ..n ice staff and relaxing ...no rush and

doubt it will be open on a Tuesday though

Advertisement