Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value of Site

Options
  • 17-01-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hey there, just wondering if anyone on here could help me with getting a rough value on a site as its probably the single most expensive part of a self build, I realise there are alot of different variables involved in the value of a site but ill try and give ye afew of them.
    • Site in the countryside in south munster
    • Six miles from meduim sized town/ two miles from nearest village
    • One hour from Cork City
    • Sloping site area approx 1.5acres
    • Average/poor quality agricultural land
    • Sale subject to planning permission
    I know there are alot of other factors involved in getting a value for a site but what have other people on here paid for their site:confused: (if they wouldn't mind saying):pac:

Auctionner is coming out to value the site towards the end of the week but wouldnt mind kinda preparing myself before he does:):)

I was thinking around the €50,000-€60,000 mark.
    Is this a fair or unrealastic value for the site??

Thanks in advance

Comments

In many areas the prices of sites has collapsed!
    It depends entirely on the location as in what employment, services etc.
    Have you seen any recent sales in the area.
    In "unpopular" areas of Roscommon, sites have asking prices around 30k and still not shifting.

It's very much a buyers market, bear that in mind when putting in an offer.

Advertisement