Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another o2 problem!

Options
  • 17-01-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, would appreciate some help. I have been with o2 this last 6/7 year, both prepay and bill. Signed up to an 18month contract last October when I got the iphone4. In the last month or two, the coverage I am getting at my house has been absolutely atrocious. It was never hectic, but it came to a boil this evening when I lost coverage and subsequently dropped the call 16 times in the space of a 20 minute phone call.

I know the iphone has a bad reputation regarding coverage, but in the last 3 weeks my whole family has moved from o2 to vodafone because of the problem with dropped calls and no coverage. They have all different phones, nokias, SEs, so the problem isn't exclusive to the iphone.

My question is, is there any way out of the contract, I cant continue with this set up, it will drive me to drink? Your help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Hi Folks, would appreciate some help. I have been with o2 this last 6/7 year, both prepay and bill. Signed up to an 18month contract last October when I got the iphone4. In the last month or two, the coverage I am getting at my house has been absolutely atrocious. It was never hectic, but it came to a boil this evening when I lost coverage and subsequently dropped the call 16 times in the space of a 20 minute phone call.

I know the iphone has a bad reputation regarding coverage, but in the last 3 weeks my whole family has moved from o2 to vodafone because of the problem with dropped calls and no coverage. They have all different phones, nokias, SEs, so the problem isn't exclusive to the iphone.

My question is, is there any way out of the contract, I cant continue with this set up, it will drive me to drink? Your help is much appreciated.

If you can prove that the fault lies with either the new phone, or with o2's network, you should be able to exit the contract without penalty.

Advertisement