Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which is the better car

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I'd feel slightly less worthless and suicidal driving the Lancer to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

superfish wrote: »
    which of these 2 is the better car and why

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mitsubishi/Lancer/1.5-INTE/201040199744547/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Corolla/1.4-TERR/201101200804279/advert?channel=CARS

I dont mean these two particular models I just mean in general. at the moment ive a 1.4 astra with a couple of small probs so will be getting the nct done and probs fixed then its good bye. also any other suggestions similar to the one I have chosen

obviously the Octavia is the better car;) (for all the skoda lovers out there)

Lancer looks better but i a realiability junkie at heart so i'd say the Toyota should be the better car - may hold value a bit better also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Absurdum wrote: »
    I'd feel slightly less worthless and suicidal driving the Lancer to be honest.

/Signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Havnt been in a recent Corrolla but was in a new Lancer and didnt like anythign about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

Havnt been in a recent Corrolla but was in a new Lancer and didnt like anythign about it.

really ? out of the two I thought it had the nicest interior was it just a crap drive ?

• Advertisement

obviously the Octavia is the better car;) (for all the skoda lovers out there)

Lancer looks better but i a realiability junkie at heart so i'd say the Toyota should be the better car - may hold value a bit better also

I hate yes hate the octavia lol. would there be much difference in reliability being that they are both jap and of the same vintage ? yes I can be that dim :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

really ? out of the two I thought it had the nicest interior was it just a crap drive ?

As I said, havnt been in a Corrolla. The Lancer could still have a nicer interior than the Corrolla, it would just mean the Corrolla was beyond awfull. :)

The Lancer I was in was a 2 week old 10 Reg. It felt like the whole contents of the interior cost about €5.

As I said, havnt been in a Corrolla. The Lancer could still have a nicer interior than the Corrolla, it would just mean the Corrolla was beyond awfull. :)

The Lancer I was in was a 2 week old 10 Reg. It felt like the whole contents of the interior cost about €5.
    sound tacky :D any suggestions of similar cars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

The saloon corolla does look brutal. In fact its a model that has always been more popular in the 2 dr hatchback version. I could never understand why there wasnt a better looking saloon model designed given its popularity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Paulywalnuts

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mitsubishi/Lancer/1.5-INTE/201040199744547/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Corolla/1.4-TERR/201101200804279/advert?channel=CARS

I dont mean these two particular models I just mean in general. at the moment ive a 1.4 astra with a couple of small probs so will be getting the nct done and probs fixed then its good bye. also any other suggestions similar to the one I have chosen

hi,both half decent cars as japs,I have an 05 avensis 1.6,I wouldn't buy the Mitsubishi because
    they lose ther value very quickly & you'll get insulted when you go to trade it in or sell it private,the corolla I have experience with,my dad had an 08 1.4 &
    I thought it was rubbish,looks nice & prob go for ever but it doesn't live up to the fancy looks..gearbox is jerky,doors are paper thin & any sort of wind & she blows all over the place..horrible,Toyota dealers in Ireland seem to have loads of these 1.4 models & no one wants them so ther always doing "great deals"!..the most sought after engine is the d4d & these are great,bit more expensive but well worth the extra in terms of tax,resale value & the little bit of poke of the turbo diesel,assuming the avensis is too big for your needs,find the same model corolla with the d4d engine.

Hope this helps & good luck with the search.

-Paul.

• Advertisement

hi,both half decent cars as japs,I have an 05 avensis 1.6,I wouldn't buy the Mitsubishi because
    they lose ther value very quickly & you'll get insulted when you go to trade it in or sell it private,the corolla I have experience with,my dad had an 08 1.4 &
    I thought it was rubbish,looks nice & prob go for ever but it doesn't live up to the fancy looks..gearbox is jerky,doors are paper thin & any sort of wind & she blows all over the place..horrible,Toyota dealers in Ireland seem to have loads of these 1.4 models & no one wants them so ther always doing "great deals"!..the most sought after engine is the d4d & these are great,bit more expensive but well worth the extra in terms of tax,resale value & the little bit of poke of the turbo diesel,assuming the avensis is too big for your needs,find the same model corolla with the d4d engine.

-Paul.
    thanks great advice, I do like the avensis but how much older would one be for the same price ? not being a snob just this will be the newest car ive ever owned so wanted to get as new an reliable as possible for the little money I have

-Paul.

thanks great advice, I do like the avensis but how much older would one be for the same price ? not being a snob just this will be the newest car ive ever owned so wanted to get as new an reliable as possible for the little money I have

hi again,that's plenty of money for a decent car of any type,I'm a bit of an expert on the avensis,best car I've ever had hands down,300 klms on the clock & never let me down,very comfortable & solid on any road & one of safest cars in the world. For your money I'd be looking for a low milage 07 facelift model (06-09) or an average milage 08 1.6,if you can afford the 1.8 engine I'd go for that as the car comes with traction control & some other small extras,it's a virtually bulletproof car & the engines come from the last model avensis which were reliable but not as solid as the bodyshape we are talking about,also steer clear of d4d examples or automatics,problematic apparently & clutch replacement expensive.there's loads of these around so you have some bargaining power & your choice of colours,don't buy red!

Off to bed,any more advice I can give you,don't hesitate.

-Paul.

Advertisement