Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling facilities in city centre

Options
  • 17-01-2011 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I was just wondering could anyone advise me on a facility in the city centre where i could recycle plastic bottlles and cans, any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cans go in the green bin.

Other stuff:
    TheFile,1744,en.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thekingof79

what can i do if i dont have access to a green bin and live in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can buy recycling bags and just leave them out. There's an older thread about them here.
    Handy for metal/paper etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ask ed

Plastic bottles and cans go in the green bin, they are not accepted at the recycling centre because kerbside collection is provided. You should have a green bin collection no matter where in the city you live or who your waste collector is. All waste collectors in the city are obliged to provide a 3-bin waste collection service for their customers. in the past, some got around this by listing apartment blocks as commercial premises - but since July 2010 commercial premises also have to have segregated waste collection. You could contact your waste provider and request a green bin or Galway City Council and they can follow up on it. hth.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ask ed wrote: »
    Plastic bottles and cans go in the green bin, they are not accepted at the recycling centre because kerbside collection is provided. You should have a green bin collection no matter where in the city you live or who your waste collector is. All waste collectors in the city are obliged to provide a 3-bin waste collection service for their customers. in the past, some got around this by listing apartment blocks as commercial premises - but since July 2010 commercial premises also have to have segregated waste collection. You could contact your waste provider and request a green bin or Galway City Council and they can follow up on it. hth.

I think it's a green collection that they have to provide, not necessarily bins. Some do it with bags, and as Biko said, the bags can be purchased.

I'm in a multi-story block, with NO outside area at all: there is no way on earth that we could be served by bins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ask ed

Sorry, meant collection not bins, they have to provide the service not necessarily the bins, thanks JustMary.

Advertisement